What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Strange Science £695

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan
For sale, players condition Strange Science. £695. I bought this about 18 months ago off Chris B, and it is in slightly better condition than when I bought it.

Original sales thread and pics here:
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/strange-science.39931/

The neon topper is now working, it wasn't originally.
There is a new piece of quality clean playfield glass (out of my Stern Star Trek Pro!).
New flipper rubbers
New chrome steel balls
I've cleaned the playfield when I first got it, probably needs another one by now.

Only issue currently is the sound, it is a bit hit and miss. The volume adjuster on the sound card is 'noisy' when you turn it. Often have to fiddle with it to get the sound working. So, that needs looking at.

It's a nice game to play, different layout to other games and the 5 ball multiball stacks up between players and between games, so you can often 'steal' someone elses hard work!

Only reason for sale - I've imposed a 14 pin limit on myself and I've just bought a 15th (arriving this week), so something needs to go.

Would make a great cheap game to take to shows, as it's not often seen. Pin is in Leeds, LS19.

This is the first pin I have ever sold - feeling emotional - I really don't want to part with her..........

GLWS - looks a good machine. I started with a 1 pinball limit when I re entered this pastime. It was upgraded to 6 pinballs max and currently have 8, fortunately 2 are in other counties heading in and I've not told the misses yet.

The game from which Cliffy borrowed his home page avatar.

1579518046404.png

fixed one of these for a customer this Friday just gone. Fun game

1 thing I could do with is a pic of where the connector powering the neon originates from. Ie the connector that is bottom left in the backbox

the brown wire is spliced into a red wire that goes through black inline fuse holder and to a thick red wire out of the transformer

24e0adceb1ed9dfa07a7a4ec8feb600e.jpg

7d67e89e5e8d74c5378f97c8e6f0998b.jpg

the red wire is spliced into an orange and black wire that also feeds from transformer
5fba3bf61fad3c953e5e5c180acbc4a8.jpg

i think this one is spliced in instead of using the molex connector - pins probably burnt out at some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom