What's new

Storing a machine question

Andypuk

Registered
Hi All,

Just after a bit of advice - I need to store a table for the short-term (a few months) - its a Solid State machine - would storing it in a non climate controlled storage unit do any damage to it?

Thanks,
Andy

As long as it is dry and the temperatures do not wildly fluctuate then it should be fine.
Storing them at someone's house where they can get played is another option, there are quite a few machines on loan at the moment. Two of mine are with CoolDan as I would preferred they were played. :)

Machine will be fine , only thing I would advise is to remove the glass if its a paint non transitle one just to be save and keep that at home.

Wild temperature changes are not an issue as the range of change will probably be larger in a centrally heated house.

What will gub you is condensation. Water and wood dont mix. Water and electronic devices also dont mix :p

A blanket to cover it will help no end if there's a risk of damp, I stored a couple of pins for several years in a not heated worksop. They both survived well, just with rust on the legs. This is probably testament to the build quality of WMS/ Bally. The only thing that really deteriorated was the speakers. The sound kept cutting out on both machines, making me think the amp had gone on both sound boards, but after getting some advice it turned out the speakers were pulling the amp down.

If you're really concerned you could wrap it in a ton of bubble wrap...there would be no problems:)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice guys. Fingers crossed its only going to be a couple of months.....just the time of the year with the cold weather was concerning me.

Back
Top Bottom