What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storage Lockers

JustLikeMe

Site Supporter
It looks like I'm going to have to find somewhere to store three or four machines temporarily as my parents have decided to downsize from a house to a flat, and I've been using their place as excess pin storage for a while now!

Does anyone have any experience with using storage lockers for medium term pin storage? Any advice re what to look for and what sort of monthly cost I may be looking at would be much appreciated. I live in North London but I'm happy to look outside of London if the costs are likely to be significantly lower.

i looked at this recently and near me in Woking it was about 100quid a month for a room that would take 4/5 pins.

Or find some local pinheads to babysit them for free?

This is something I'd definitely consider, but the only friend local to me who would babysit a machine just had their first kid so that isn't going to happen. I also have no idea exactly how long it would be, so a bit worried about imposing on someone I don't know well for longer than they may want. Maybe I'll make a post about it closer to the time - have a couple of months to sort this out fortunately!

i looked at this recently and near me in Woking it was about 100quid a month for a room that would take 4/5 pins.

Would you mind sending me a link?

one thing to add - the price seem to move constantly and initially had some half price offer but I did some fag packet maths and it worked out at roughly 100quid a month.

The beauty of the place above was it was well heated. Some of them aren't well heated at all and damp might be an issue,

one thing to add - the price seem to move constantly and initially had some half price offer but I did some fag packet maths and it worked out at roughly 100quid a month.

The beauty of the place above was it was well heated. Some of them aren't well heated at all and damp might be an issue,

Cheers, appreciate it. I'd definitely be looking for a space that's well insulated and heated if I do go down this route.

If you are going to be looking at a long term (say 12 months+) If you sign a contract for a minimum of 12 months, most places will do you a much much better rate

Watch out for insurance too - normally a requirement of the contract with the bigger guys. It was +£15 monthly at our last place - Lok'n'Store.

I think storage is a really bad idea unless you are sure that it is temporary. The cost can really rack up. Folk just store more and more these days.

For some it is like hotel california. You can check in any time you like but you can never leave.

I knew someone who moved abroad. Put stuff into storage in the uk. Paid for year after year. His temporary job abroad kept being extended. He ended up giving his stuff away.

Back
Top Bottom