What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock EATPM Backglass Illumination

thejefu

Site Supporter
Alias
magicwizard
Anyone know of a reference for the stock bulbs/illumination for the backglass on EATPM.

Can only find a reference for the playfield in the manual.

Usually it would just be normal #555 (wedge) bulbs for the white holders and then flasher bulbs #906 for the black holders. Unless EATPM does it differently for some reason.

If you're using LEDs I've found that sometimes warm white works better than cool white in the backbox (and vice versa), so get both and test.

Usually it would just be normal #555 (wedge) bulbs for the white holders and then flasher bulbs #906 for the black holders. Unless EATPM does it differently for some reason.

If you're using LEDs I've found that sometimes warm white works better than cool white in the backbox (and vice versa), so get both and test.

Word on the street (as I've understood it) is it's best to stick with bulbs and then LED where neccessary for detail? Was my plan atleast.

It's really down to personal taste mate. I quite like playing in dim lighting, so having everything well lit with LEDs (and using strip lighting for especially dim areas) is what I go for. It also allows you a bit more creative flair so to speak. I would think that most people prefer LEDs throughout these days. Having said that, if you go for sunlight LEDs you'll get the look of incandescents with the advantage of less power draw. But if you have your heart set on keeping things as original as possible (and power to ya), then go with incandescents. 555 and 906 for the backbox, and then 555, 89 (bayonet) and 44 (bayonet) for the playfield.

It's really down to personal taste mate. I quite like playing in dim lighting, so having everything well lit with LEDs (and using strip lighting for especially dim areas) is what I go for. It also allows you a bit more creative flair so to speak. I would think that most people prefer LEDs throughout these days. Having said that, if you go for sunlight LEDs you'll get the look of incandescents with the advantage of less power draw. But if you have your heart set on keeping things as original as possible (and power to ya), then go with incandescents. 555 and 906 for the backbox, and then 555, 89 (bayonet) and 44 (bayonet) for the playfield.

Gotcha, for arguments sake, what model LED would you go with? I always find recommendations for LEDs like the Comet Sunlights, then can never source any here in the UK.

Comet are definately top of the pile, but as you say you have to order from the US so they don't come cheap with shipping, duty etc. If you have someone travelling through (one day maybe!) that can make it cheaper.

Otherwise if on a budget and want to order local go with pinball-led here in UK (https://www.pinball-led.co.uk/) who offer a discount to forum members.

Back
Top Bottom