What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticky flipper

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Hi group

I've read previous threads on this and it could be a bad diode on the coil but thought I'd check.

My left flipper on Congo occasionally sticks up. It will go down again as soon as the ball touches it and may not stick again for a few more mins. It doesn't matter if Its been playing for a minute or 30 mins. I've checked the clearance and play you'd normally allow it and it seems fine.

Any suggestions gratefully received

Gaz

Probably needs a rebuild. Not that expensive and fairly easy job to do. My guess is the flipper plunger is dragging inside the coil sleeve.

OF course you need to know if its an electrical problem or a mechanical one. When the flipper sticks next time, dont let the ball touch it and turn the game off. If it falls down as soon as the power is off, it could be an electrical issue. If it stays stuck with the power off, its a mechanical problem.

look at the end of the flipper plunger. if its mushroomed replace it. if theres a little 'nipple' on the end, file it off because its probably got a corresponing socket on the end stop which its sticking into.

Back
Top Bottom