What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gone to Ebay Stern WILD FYRE

philpalmer

Site Supporter
I bought this for my son's 2nd project but I don't really have the time to spend getting it 100%, its all there basically, 1 jet bumper doesn't work and no sound, plus a few usual dodgy lamp sockets (the lamp board has been replaced). He even cleaned and re rubbered it.

The game plays, scores, kicks etc but just no sound.

Need space urgently at PH HQ so its got to go and fast.

£375?

Needless to say, its sold as is. That burn you can see on the driver board is a old burn and has been previously repaired.
IMG_7188.jpg
IMG_7189.jpg
IMG_7190.jpg
IMG_7191.jpg
IMG_7192.jpg
IMG_7193.jpg

IMG_7187.jpg

looks like a nice cross over machine ie EM layout / electronics inside. nice glass as well

Only 2400 made and reviews seem to indicate it is a great player.

If I had space and skills £375 is a great price.

Come on, where are all those people who want a machine for next to nothing then?!?

Nice to have something different as well.

Nice original condition as well.

If only I had space......:confused:

Hi Phil,
How olds your lad?
Nice to see you giving him a bit of practical training...my lads just shopped a cue ball wizard.....not a bad job all told.....
All the best Keith.

Hi Keith, he's 9. I fixed loads on this with him but I just don't have the time to fix the sound and last solenoid, the game is getting folded down tomorrow. Just rammed with repairs at the moment and need to get stuff out of my way.

looks like a nice cross over machine ie EM layout / electronics inside. nice glass as well

It's programmed like an electro-mechanical, too.
  • The drop targets count out the relevant value before re-setting, which I think is the reason behind the left return lane also re-setting the 4-bank
  • The bonus can be collected from the right side eject hole, but re-sets to 2,000 afterwards
  • The spinner lights at selected bonus values
  • 5X bonus multiplier is only available on the last ball, alternating with Double (2X) bonus
  • Purchasing multiple credits has them added one at a time, rather than in one change on the display
  • All player displays show at least '00' at all times
  • 8 lamp drives tied up for '# of Players' and 'Player Up' lamps
If you've played Stern's Dracula, produced the following year, then the rule-set (such as it is) will be familiar, since the same program chips are used. On Dracula, the two 'proper' outlanes are omitted (compared to WF), leading to occasions where re-setting the 4-bank can be 'forgotten', and the bank remaining down until end-of-ball.

Last edited:
my first ever pin was stern MAGIC very similar. have two old skool sterns now , lightining which I may let go and seawitch which aint going nowhere. would be nice to have the 3 classic marine games together at a show , the others being barracora and fathom

Back
Top Bottom