What's new

Stern Stones tutorial video

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
OK so I have been thinking about doing a Popeye style write up for 'Mick On A Stick' .... another machine that is on the whole a 'misunderstood, seldom seen and often written off by people who have played it once and haven't really touched on the rules or gameplay' kind of a game :D

I appreciate I'm probably talking to myself here but hey ..... I thoroughly enjoy The Stones, I bought my own one after getting into it when TV's Will Barber had one. And it's always a popular game when people visit the Shack

So anyway until I do a write up , I'll just post this decent video tutorial I just found. The guy does a good job of explaining a lot of stuff, pointing out rule similarities to Iron Man/Avatar/Tron/AFM . If you are clueless about the Stones , then this is a pretty good intro to the game.

giphy (2).gif

Last edited:
Sgt, while I admire your enthusiasm, 'Mick on a stick' bored me immensely. Are there any rules of gameplay? Played at the Expo last year and walked away after one game which says it all to me really. Popeye on the other hand is a Beaut and I can't wait to get my hands on some more spinach chopping action....

Sgt, while I admire your enthusiasm, 'Mick on a stick' bored me immensely. Are there any rules of gameplay? Played at the Expo last year and walked away after one game which says it all to me really. Popeye on the other hand is a Beaut and I can't wait to get my hands on some more spinach chopping action....

:D Plenty of rules. However very much like Popeye , you really need to spend some time to get your head around them, initially it is very much 'wtf ??? is going on' For example Micks movement may appear random but his moves are actually dependent on the players progress towards multiball or situational in a mode/multiball . Watch the video for rules clarity.

To be fair, Mick's movements in real life are always random. The man can't stand still and loves a strut. At 103 I'm surprised he can still move at all!

Will have to take you word for it and promise to give it another go next time I see one. Hopefully will keep awake watching the tutorial later :))

definitely write a rules sheet, there isn't one, so yours will become the go-to document for pinheads worldwide. your Popeye one was great, do it like that, lots of pictures and musings and asides, the more personal approach is easier to read than just bunch of numbers and instructions like a recipe.

Back
Top Bottom