STERN - Star Wars comic edition

OP
Pick Holder

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2016
Midlands
Yes @CHRIS B PINBALLS

I do agree with you. But I think it will sell to the comic book crowd. Another lot of potential customers.

Shame codes not redone with animations. But that would cost a load more.

Two new games for very little work.

Jazzbouche

Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2017
Warwick
I think I prefer the original as you are playing the film in the game not the cartoon but I think defo the premium art for me can’t get enough boba fet
I also agree that the style is a bit mismatched to what is on screen. It’s cool, but I’m happy with my original premium. Stern should offer variant translites though - there would be loads of business there and it would cost very little.

Jazzbouche

Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2017
Warwick
Pretty certain you would be able to buy the translite just find the part no
I mean it would be cool if they offered a whole load more - in the same way that comics have tonnes of variant covers you can go out and buy. Stern could commission artists for limited runs - wouldn’t cost much. Easy money. And anyone with existing machines can swap them in.

Reactions: mission65

mission65

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2013
Kent
Alias
Tony Molloy
Very good idea, especially for Star Wars Jazzbouche
I mean it would be cool if they offered a whole load more - in the same way that comics have tonnes of variant covers you can go out and buy. Stern could commission artists for limited runs - wouldn’t cost much. Easy money. And anyone with existing machines can swap them in.

Reactions: Jazzbouche

Jazzbouche

Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2017
Warwick
Very good idea, especially for Star Wars Jazzbouche
I had a play with mine - intention is to get all the armour done in white for a stormtrooper look. Translites like this would be easy for stern to output. This is a comic cover. Probably a bit too white, but a nice change. I’m working on a new one now.

Attachments

Reactions: Hullshark
OP
Pick Holder

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2016
Midlands
@Jazzbouche

A lot of UK printers will produce a translite if you took them a sample of a real one! You will find smaller companies will not give a stuff about copyright laws. They just print what is on the file. As long as they are not producing dozens of them - one off's they are okay with.

Also - Retro refurbs may do. Ask @PeteB

Not sure if @steve brum 's printing company would do that service as I know he gets the A3 posters printed.

Reactions: Jazzbouche
OP
Pick Holder

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2016
Midlands
To be honest I am waiting for the design for an alternative Aerosmith translite to be completed by my pal for @PeteB to print - I have only been waiting for over a year now..... (obviously this is not Pete's problem - its my slack friend!)