What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Star Trek Pro left kick out/eject issue

Matt BRU

Registered
I'm having a slight issue with the left kick out/eject on my Star Trek Pro recently, basically if I get a clean shot at it at speed it just pops right back out (doesn't lock), it doesn't happen every time but happens a lot. Is this something that is common? I'm hoping I can sort it, whether with settings or dialing it in somehow.

Two things which may have contributed to this:
1. I waxed the playfield fairly recently meaning that section will def be faster than if not waxed - more speed meaning it just bounces right back out
2. I adjusted the left eject power ages ago, I put the power too low (trial and error) but this resulted in the eject not having enough power to pop the ball back out.... I then increased the power of course, but not sure if this affected the button/spring in any way as it was stuck in the eject with it clicking trying to fire it out but not enough power.... maybe this is irrelevant but thought it was worth mentioning.

Be good to hear if anyone can recommend anything!

I'm not 100% familiar with the design of the kickout but I'd expect there to be some kind of deflector plate at the back of the scoop to stop the ball and help it into the scoop itself. Check that this hasn't come loose first and if not then it might either need bending a bit or some drop dead foam sticking on it to take the pace out of the ball :thumbs:

Yep, loads of scoops do this, annoyingly enough - IJ mode start and BTDK scoop both come to mind - a bit of sticky-backed foam tape (like you see behind stand up targets) does the trick.

Yep, loads of scoops do this, annoyingly enough - IJ mode start and BTDK scoop both come to mind - a bit of sticky-backed foam tape (like you see behind stand up targets) does the trick.
Brilliant, thanks for your responses, I have some sticky back velcro (the soft loop part) - think this would also do the trick? To stick under the scoop that is. if not I'll get the foam just means a trip to hardware store.

Back
Top Bottom