What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Star Trek code update released

This is excellent news, and timed just right as my ST LE is at the UK Pinball Party. Code downloading at the moment. Looking forward to trying the new code out in the morning :)

Just installed it. Some nice additions including light/sound combos, lost the repetitive call outs (Mr Simon Pegg) and easier to get extra balls. Warp ramp has better references and bonuses for consecutive shots too. Only negative is the Karl Urban voiceovers, a bit too pronounced at times tbh. Bit surprised to hear 'bastard' and 'cocksucker' in there... Presume that can be disabled under adult settings for those with kids...!?

Just installed it. Some nice additions including light/sound combos, lost the repetitive call outs (Mr Simon Pegg) and easier to get extra balls. Warp ramp has better references and bonuses for consecutive shots too. Only negative is the Karl Urban voiceovers, a bit too pronounced at times tbh. Bit surprised to hear 'bastard' and 'cocksucker' in there... Presume that can be disabled under adult settings for those with kids...!?
uploaded on sunday ,only managed a couple of games .so yet to here any rude wordso_O

Not had much chance to play mine yet with the the new code, as the game is still folded up after returning from the show. :(

Did hear a few surprisingly naughty words shouted by the game whilst standing near it with the new code installed at the show... :D No complaints from any families about it though.

Took a while, think when I got through to second stage missions after Kayu Bashi mutiball.
i`ll look forward to that, certainly a lot better with other voice call outs and the start for klingon multiball is superb,:clap:

Big thanks to @I TiltAlot for bringing your Star Trek and from what I understand saying you didn't want it used in the tournament area so more people could get to play it...

Cheers to everyone that brought machines as obviously they are what make the show, otherwise we would be all standing about talking crack all weekend. Did a bit of that too.

I seem to get a lot more Karl Urban call outs on my machine than I hear in that video....

My LE won't take the code update :(
When the dip 8 set to ON and machine power cycled, the DMD is just blank.... Any ideas before I send the board back to PH?

My LE won't take the code update :(
When the dip 8 set to ON and machine power cycled, the DMD is just blank.... Any ideas before I send the board back to PH?

Sounds like your pen stick is too large...! :oops: Ooo err missus...

Mines only small, think 2GB. But it doesn't get that far to say insert it.

Also was able to backup the existing code to the stick.

Nothing happens, blank screen

When putting the code onto the USB stick, did you remember to close the USB device properly within Windows before removing it? If you didn't, it can corrupt the file. Just a thought.....

Are there any lights on in the game? eg backbox lighting / playfield - If not then suspect you've blown a fuse. If there are then look at the PCBs inside the backbox - do they have lit leds on them?

If they have then it's time to redo everything from downloading the new code on to a pen stick to going over the instructions on how to update the code. Also check that you haven't dislodged any connectors or ribbon cables.

If they haven't then possible a blown fuse somewhere.

@Paul suggested checking the Eprom and whether it's firmly in, only for me to find at least 2 legs not in the socket!!! (Jammed in and legs spread). Again how did this pass Stern's quality control!!?

My game now set up indoors after the show, thanks @Archyta5 :) so managed to put in a few games with the new code.

Impressed with the new Galactic Events (started by shooting the ball under the upper flipper when the Away Team insert is lit before finishing a mission). Lots of different ways of getting loads of points by combining these with other features.

The rude words don't seem to occur until well into the game, so shouldn't offend casual players.

Still a few bugs in the software. I have seen the Starfield Laser remain on after Klingon Multball finishes and the top lanes staying dark blue when they should be light blue. There is a thread on Pinside.com all about the bugs in the new software.

For those who are interested, I estimate the game got sixty plays on Friday evening, and 255 games were played on Saturday and Sunday after the code update.

"Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor not a Pinball Wizard!" was probably the best bit of new speech I heard which made me laugh, I will have to come over again and check out all these new features for myself ;)

Back
Top Bottom