What's new

Stern SpiderMan - keeps forgetting balls and freegame settings

Biff

Site Supporter
Alias
****a
Hi

I changed the battery for one in my working Iron Man, swapped them over. The problem stays with Spider man and iron Man continues to work okay.

Any ideas? I assume this is just going to be bad contact on the battery holder or dry joint somewhere to a RAM somewhere?

High scores stay the dame oddly enough.

Any ideas please?

Cheers

JB

Trace the path of the battery voltage and check it with a multimeter. Make sure the volts are getting to their destination.

why are the scores not being lost though?
Don't know mate. But it would give you a starting point to try and find out what is happening. I haven't had any Stern SAM problems yet so have done no repair work on any of my games.
Have a search through the archives on Pinside.

I sent the query to Stern. Tech support say it sounds like a faulty Ram Chip. I need to contact a local supplier and get them to fix it. Seen on another thread on the yahoo group U11 or U19, cant recall exactly right now.

So who fixes these PCBs? @philpalmer is this something you can help with please? It doesn't happen often. Guy oi bought it off said it lost info once, it happend to me once a few weeks ago then yesterday happend three times in a row and has not happend since.

Cheers

JB

sounds stupid... try disconnecting the power to the flo tube for a day or two and see...

Phil. I have taken the starter out, should be enough right? I assume you are thinking the inductive action of the choke could be what is causing the loss?

Cheers

JB

Back
Top Bottom