What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold STERN Sorpranos for sale (2 off.....)

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
Okay - before we start. Please do not PM me directly about this. I am listing these as a favour to a friend whom you can contact directly.

Gaz Pound
Telephone - 07887 926 601
email - metalball@cloud.com
Post code - CM8 2EY

He has two Sorpranos and he wants to sell one.

The cheaper one is being seen on Gumtree - he wants £2200 for that bottom line.
The nicer one he wants £3500 for.

Here are the photos he sent me:

THE CHEAPER ONE:

2018-02-10-PHOTO-00000013.jpg
2018-02-10-PHOTO-00000014.jpg
2018-02-10-PHOTO-00000015.jpg
2018-02-10-PHOTO-00000016.jpg
2018-02-10-PHOTO-00000017.jpg
2018-02-10-PHOTO-00000018.jpg
2018-02-10-PHOTO-00000019.jpg
2018-02-10-PHOTO-00000020.jpg

Thanks, I did talk to the seller about this, I do want another one, but I think I have to put a limit on what a pin is worth and try and make sure when I sell it in the future I get the money back.
My last one came from Tobin, from what I understand they have all been £2800 from him including the very nice one that Harry ended with.
I sold mine at a small loss £2650, but I did spend money on it, I never add those parts on when I sell a machine.
This was only last year, so I would like to think a nice Sopranos is still £2800.
I know if I paid £3500 I would not get that back in the future and now that I have started the collection again I need to make sure its also a investment that will hold its value which I see most of you guys on here seem to do.
This is why I will avoid the new pins, apart from StarWars, GB lost close to a grand after a few weeks and Aerosmith was even more after 34 plays, so this time I just need to be a bit more careful.
I do love the hobby, but find I get fed up of a pin in a few months and move it on, I also offer it back to the seller at the same price before I list it on here.
As for this pin it does look clean, but a bit out of my price range............
Thanks for the heads up :)

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, nobody forces anyone to buy/sell at whatever price.
I sold a family guy to a pal for £2400. Whilst 6 months later - people are asking £4K.
However I was happy with what I got for it - or I would not of sold it. I do not think its worth £4K but I am sure most good sterns go for that now!
All old sterns now are 'premiums' really

Thanks, I did talk to the seller about this, I do want another one, but I think I have to put a limit on what a pin is worth and try and make sure when I sell it in the future I get the money back.
My last one came from Tobin, from what I understand they have all been £2800 from him including the very nice one that Harry ended with.
I sold mine at a small loss £2650, but I did spend money on it, I never add those parts on when I sell a machine.
This was only last year, so I would like to think a nice Sopranos is still £2800.
I know if I paid £3500 I would not get that back in the future and now that I have started the collection again I need to make sure its also a investment that will hold its value which I see most of you guys on here seem to do.
This is why I will avoid the new pins, apart from StarWars, GB lost close to a grand after a few weeks and Aerosmith was even more after 34 plays, so this time I just need to be a bit more careful.
I do love the hobby, but find I get fed up of a pin in a few months and move it on, I also offer it back to the seller at the same price before I list it on here.
As for this pin it does look clean, but a bit out of my price range............
Thanks for the heads up :)

I lose money on most games I sell but I get the 'money it owes me thing' as it is probably this that has driven up prices most in the last 8 years.

The worst is buying a NIB and hating it and instantly losing a ton - XMEN LE - my first NIB - hated it and lost £750 in short order.

But, if a game is great and you put 3000 plays on it, then it doesn't matter as it's just great entertainment.

I am going to be very tempted by Iron Maiden but need to feel it will be with me for a number of years otherwise it's a quick grand lost!!!

Gaz lives in Essex and I'm down that way next Tuesday and have room in my van if any interest and it needs moving .

Game does nothing for me and have never seen the program!

If it helps for reference, the cheaper one was at Flip Out Pinball Club until recently. It was fully working apart from the left hand side of the safe needing a very hard hit to register. Cab is solid with wear by the flippers, the odd scuff and dented side rails. The playfield is decent though, a new set of plastics and a polish of the metal work would make a nice game.

If it helps for reference, the cheaper one was at Flip Out Pinball Club until recently. It was fully working apart from the left hand side of the safe needing a very hard hit to register. Cab is solid with wear by the flippers, the odd scuff and dented side rails. The playfield is decent though, a new set of plastics and a polish of the metal work would make a nice game.

I did think about doing this but could not find a full plastic set anywhere.

Order from Stern via @philpalmer

I tried this before when I had mine as it had one broken plastic and there was none available, same as the dancing girls, I have seen one for sale with no dancing girls as you just cant get them anymore.
I searched Marco, asked Phil and tried some other places I found.

Many Thanks

@robertlucas1970
Bit strange that. How about Pete at Retro refurbs?? He could probably do some if there is a shortage.

No I didnt get that far, I am now in talks with the seller about the nicer one, I only ever had one game with skill posts, didnt like them and when it come to sell the pin many others didnt want it because of the skill posts.

Has anybody seen the nicer one ? Its such a long way to go, last time I drove to Essex was to collect a pin from Tobin and I was on the road for a good 10 hours.
From what I can see it looks good, would of been nice to see some pics of the cab, backbox and a few more with the glass out.
Many Thanks

I'd love a nice Sopranos but the price is a little heavy for me. Tell me, are non skill posted ones oery hard to track down?

I just hate the skill post, what a stupid regulation it was to make then do that. I had a T3 with skill post, juat felt like the pin was not original.

My tspp has skill posts when my son plays it who is nine I switch them on he loves them especially when he saves a sdtm when I play sometimes I keep them on as it can be fun but most times they are off but good to have the option.

I also got my Sopranos from Tobin, it doesn't have the skill posts which I prefer but having them wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Tobin has brought at least 6 Sopranos that I know of into the country.

Sopranos is the only Stern to survive in my collection. When it came out I hadent watched the series so had no interest thinking wtf is that fish about! Now its one of my most regularly played games, apart from whodunit obviously :)

I picked up the better one today and very happy with it, looks very clean, everything looks bright and clean, even in the corners and under plastics it looks nice, was worth the 9 hour trip.
Have orderd £200 worth of LED's and will get all the metal powder coated deep red.

20180220_195940.jpg

20180220_181254.jpg

Back
Top Bottom