What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Production Figures

Both his and the thread generally. POTC / TSPP / LOTR, yes they're similar / same. From what I know, other figures are far, far too high.

hehe. They aren't so much "similar / same" as much as they are totally "same" :thumbs:

Surprised at the love POTC is getting. I borrowed Dan's for a while and it bored me to tears. Great toys but the whole game felt like a slog. Found myself just backhanding the ball into the chest over and over to grind out a good score. The lack of original voice call outs also made it seem less connected to the films.

I think the call-outs are quite amusing. Quite a lot of shots to aim for and mine plays really fast.. It's not easy to progress thru to four winds. Here's tattyadams machine.

Surprised at the love POTC is getting. I borrowed Dan's for a while and it bored me to tears. Great toys but the whole game felt like a slog. Found myself just backhanding the ball into the chest over and over to grind out a good score. The lack of original voice call outs also made it seem less connected to the films.
It's definitely having its moment right now. Funny how that can happen with games. I've always thought..... It's #alright# :/

Well I don't know what the production numbers for Sterns are but lets not talk utter b0llocks about the market. You've got 90's games with production numbers running 15,000 - 20,000 and yet you hardly ever see them up for sale, nor on location either. Because they're in people's homes.

I've seen 3 ACDC's on location just in the North East - 2 in the Durham area and 1 in Gateshead. I've seen 2 LOTR's too, 1 in a pub in South Shields and the other in HMV Metrocenter. That same pub in South Shields also had a PoTC.

I can believe there would be high production numbers of these games if I'm seeing them on location, especially in the deserted wasteland known as The North East. Then you have home owners.

1000s of Williams Bally games went for export late 90s. TAF only one to survived as kept earning.

Back
Top Bottom