What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Pro tables...

Tony9i9i9i

Registered
Hi All,

Bit of a newb, been checking tables on Ebay and doing a bit of research online. I understand the pro models are more basic, but can anyone tell me when they started making them/what the first one was etc?

Cheers,

Tony.

I rue the day, whenever it was.

Your best bet is probably to look on the pinballnews.com website. It probably all started about the time of LOTR or so with its LE, but I think they only decided to ruin every ****ing game by designing it and then stripping bits off it and selling it cheaper about 5 years ago.

I rue the day, whenever it was.

Your best bet is probably to look on the pinballnews.com website. It probably all started about the time of LOTR or so with its LE, but I think they only decided to ruin every ****ing game by designing it and then stripping bits off it and selling it cheaper about 5 years ago.

Cheers, so there's no date when as a novice you can simply say full game before, check version after then. Are you sure about LOTR? looking at IPDB the original was 2003 with the LE not coming until 2009 and apart from an option to add a shaker motor the only changes were cosmetic by the looks of it.

In case anyone finds it useful information, I've searched IPBD by year from 2008 and the first mention of a pro table is Big Buck Hunter in 2010, then Transformers in 2011, then it seems to be multiple versions of everything that was released.

Tony.

Was BBH really a pro? I thought there was only ever the one version.

I know Avatar had two versions was that the first?

Yep only one BBH version (Big Buck Hunter Pro which I believe is the same name as the original video version). Avatar predates Transformers so it was the first game to have both pro and LE versions. :)

Thanks for the replies, I'm not sure any of us have the definite answer.

I'm assuming ipdb is correct, then looking at 2010 releases,

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?yr=2010&searchtype=advanced

Then Big Buck Hunter Pro, might just of been called that as it was a single model no premium or LE released.

Avatar, did have a version and a LE, but was the version a "full" version or a pro model, I don't know.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?yr=2011&searchtype=advanced

Looking at 2011, Tron Legacy and Rolling stones get the version and LE treatment. Transformers have a Pro model and then 3 LE's. None have a premium model.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?yr=2012&searchtype=advanced

It's 2012 before you see the Pro, Premium and LE of machines, but even then some are just Pro and LE.

I've got to say it's pretty difficult for a newb like me, who just want to play the game. It's all down to budget at the end of the day, but I think I'd prefer to have full versions so I would think Premium over pro is the way to go, but don't want to pay for collectors (cash) premiums so would shy away from LE's.

I'd guess before 2009 is a full version (2010 depending on what Big Buck Hunter is, but as its the only version, it is the full version), after that, you need to research the machine you like and decide what version to go for.

Tony.

And just to complicate things further they are doing the Vault Editions now, which I believe is the same as the Pro but with LEDs. And don't forgot the Luci version of AC/DC Premium and now the new AC/DC Pro with LEDs fitted as standard.

Think they're ditching the Premium version for The Walking Dead, but they'll probably make more LE's than before, who knows?

Back
Top Bottom