What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern LED fault

The seeker

Registered
Evening all, I have just got hold of my first Stern game.. GP/NASCAR it's the Grand Prix variant. All is well with the machine well almost... I seem to have a very very dim "shoot again" led you all know the one just between the flippers every other led works perfectly but for some reason this one is ultra dim it goes off and on when it should but it is so weak you would hardly see it.. this is my first LED game to so i really not sure where to start .. any tips would be much appreciated, Thanks James

It's not a factory led game. It would have been added. Just try swapping it with one of the others. If the problem moves to the next insert put a new one in. If it doesn't check the bulb holder for a signs of damage, loose wires etc

Hi thanks i did swap the bulbs ,it's not the bulb as it worked fine in the next slot I kinda think the connector isn't getting full contact with the wire but had to give up for the night.. just wondered if anyone had experiences this before. Thanks spandangler

You need to go into diagnostics and go onto single bulb test , scroll through until you come to shoot again insert.
Hopefully it will light, it sounds like the LED is ghosting. Try the test and report back.

Update .. the bulb flashed bright in test mode.. i started a game and the shoot again is now lit when expected .. except in attract mode its still a very dim glow while all the other led's are bright.. is this the norm ? many thanks

Update .. the bulb flashed bright in test mode.. i started a game and the shoot again is now lit when expected .. except in attract mode its still a very dim glow while all the other led's are bright.. is this the norm ? many thanks

As previously stated, it's ghosting (slightly lit when it's not suppose to). If it bothers you just switch the LED back to an incandescent bulb.

Whitestar board machines like this can be fussy about which LEDs they work well with. LOTR was the same

If an incandescent lamp doesn't cure this fault, maybe try doing a factory reset on the machine. That's if you aren't worried about losing your scores and are confident enough to set the game up to freeplay again in the adjustments.

Some of these Whitestar games often have silly errors that a factory reset clears.

Back
Top Bottom