What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Jurassic Park now in Tilt and Electric Circus!

I need to play this but now the little fella is back to school finding time to get to Tilt is gonna be a stretch and it doesn’t help that the Trainline want £170 same day return.
Someone open a decent pin venue in Newcastle please.
As a matter of interest how was 1st impressions as I reallly fancy one NIB

Handy I already had a long standing thing in Birmingham yesterday! Thanks a lot to Kirk for going and fetching the game just so that myself and @Kate Rothwell-Jackson could play it :rofl:

Game shoots really well and much like Maiden, the ball barely stops and the shots flow very nicely. The right orbit (O of CHAOS) is a tight shot so it may be only good games where people get multiball (which is ace). The cab and playfield are really nice as is the DMD although I personally don't like the voice work but I do really like the sound effects. It will definitely have longevity in the home - on my best game I think I only got 3 of the modes on the map and there were lots of other things going on as well so there is plenty in the game to get through.

Oh I did miss one thing off - in a multiplayer game, it isn't overly obvious who's turn it is (may have changed in latest code). If in a 4 player game, there will be four scores along the bottom and the player playing will have their score shown in the middle of the 4 scores larger and their score slot along the bottom is replaced with "You're Up" in either the score 1,2,3 or 4 slot to indicate who's turn it is (see the first photo above and you can just make out "you're up" in yellow text in the player 2 slot)

Jurassic Park will be ready to play in our pinball lounge from Friday at Chief Coffee in Chiswick, West London. We’re located a one minute walk away from Turnham Green underground station on the District line [emoji1373][emoji95]

See you tomorrow at club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game is absolutely immense.
I thought that IMdn was fantastic, due to the amount of time Keith had been working on it (retheme of his Archer project), and was worried that his 2nd game would be lacking - it isn't.

It's unbelievable, even on this code. Anyone want to buy a WPT for 6k😂😂
20190918_142749.jpg

@steve brum Nice to meet you today Steve and thanks for letting me have a go at such a shiny brand new machine. Hope it proves a hit with you and your regulars [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks . I think you saw today issues we have with coin handling. A different mech in TOM and its now 100% again!

premium is one to have though. The dinosaur and the pit make it
Handy I already had a long standing thing in Birmingham yesterday! Thanks a lot to Kirk for going and fetching the game just so that myself and @Kate Rothwell-Jackson could play it :rofl:

Game shoots really well and much like Maiden, the ball barely stops and the shots flow very nicely. The right orbit (O of CHAOS) is a tight shot so it may be only good games where people get multiball (which is ace). The cab and playfield are really nice as is the DMD although I personally don't like the voice work but I do really like the sound effects. It will definitely have longevity in the home - on my best game I think I only got 3 of the modes on the map and there were lots of other things going on as well so there is plenty in the game to get through.

Oh I did miss one thing off - in a multiplayer game, it isn't overly obvious who's turn it is (may have changed in latest code). If in a 4 player game, there will be four scores along the bottom and the player playing will have their score shown in the middle of the 4 scores larger and their score slot along the bottom is replaced with "You're Up" in either the score 1,2,3 or 4 slot to indicate who's turn it is (see the first photo above and you can just make out "you're up" in yellow text in the player 2 slot)

two other MBs that are easier than chaos.

I met up with Sam yesterday and spent a few hours on JP at his excellent Chief Coffee in London.

Got to agree with the comments aboev that it is a great game with quite some depth and lots of fun. Shots initially seemed quite hard esp the right orbit but after a few games, got into the flow and seemed fine. Also great that there's lots of shots and a different layout as much as is possible. Would highly recommend popping in for a few games.

Many thanks to @Chief for a fun afternoon

Played it yesterday @Chief for half an hour. Great fun game, found the closest shots the hardest/most dangerous like the pen on the left. Feed from the right ramp is FAST!

Didn't like when it turns all the lighting off at times (on mode completion?) as it's almost impossible to see the ball, but other than that it's great.

Played the LE at the Belgian Open this weekend.

The Raptor Pen is a definite improvement over the Pro.
The moving T-Rex is good, but still looks like $h!t - could definitely do with a repaint, but don't know how easy it would be to remove.
Shooting it into his mouth suffered a few fails, when he did capture the ball, it wasn't so much as thrown from his mouth - rather that it rolled out onto the ramp for a nice feed to the flippers.

The best thing though was undoubtedly the shaker motor (which of course can fitted to the Pro) and the roar from the T-Rex working in conjunction. Brilliant

I took a quick trip to Tilt in Brum yesterday to try out Jurassic and was really impressed. Stern sure make fine machines these days and the shots were great. The loop off the right upper flipper is lightning fast.

Then I tried Wonka and to be honest it felt a bit Fisher Price. It just didn’t have the same high quality feel to it, everything seemed big and clunky, and the shots all seemed much too easy. To be fair I didn’t get to hear the sounds, and as I was playing by myself I didn’t get to look at the screen much , and it did look pretty with the jjp twinkly lights, but JP just seemed a much more polished and compelling machine.

Then I went home and played ghostbusters with the new code and the pineapple/carrot flippers and it is fracking amazing now. Love it. Just reinstalling the code with the alternative sound track selection that someone on Pinside did. Much better than the original...

@Mfresh hows that gap doing with the 🥕
I’ve been looking at GB for a while but the SDTM has really put me off

The JP does look awesome 👏

Quick visit this lunchtime to play jp for the first time at tilt as i was passing from snow hill to new street. Got 449 millions on my 3rd attempt. Was quite pleased with that. Got a crazy multiball with what appeared to be 10 balls. It was fun. Didn't understand much more about the game other than how to start a multiball. I thought the car toy with balls underneath is a bit pointless. But good flow in general. I would be worried about the single post standing on the playfield on the rhs. I thought It would get battered.
Overall I quite like it. But to me there was nothing I looked at on the playfield and thought wow, that's fun.

Oh ok. It just seemed to be in the way all the time. It is difficult to select a path when all you can do is bash it and it gets to whatever position it likes. Nevermind, more skills needed.

New code next week: will be at indisc

JPLE will be running new code at INDISC. The release should be out next week but here is a rundown…

• Adjustment Changes:
    • added ‘JP SYSTEM FAILURE SPEECH’ defaults to TRUE, which will play speech during the ‘System Failure’ event when the first Paddock is entered, turn to FALSE to turn off this speech
  • T-Rex Multiball - added new T-Rex mech choreography when starting the mode, T-Rex now chews the ball, roars in time with on-screen display effects, then throws the ball on a delay
  • T-Rex Multiball - Super Jackpot now needs to go into T-Rex mouth instead of Left Ramp, T-Rex will chew and throw the ball on a delay as a temporary ball lock
  • Chaos Multiball - changed Letter Jackpot thresholds C = 1 Jackpot / H,A = 2 Jackpots / O,S = 3 Jackpots
  • Chaos Multiball - added 3rd Stage Chaos Hurry-Up value that starts at all the combined Super Jackpot values from Stage 2, collected at the Pop Target
  • Chaos Multiball - Chaos Hurry-Up can be doubled by moving the Truck to the left facing direction (making the Pop Target shot tighter)
  • Chaos Multiball - fixed an issue where the Super Jackpot display effect would not interrupt itself if one was already going causing some collect values to not be displayed
  • Raptor Tower - now for each Raptor Tower award threshold a Super Tranquilizer is lit
  • Super Tranquilizer - lit at game start on action button. once used must be re-lit via Raptor Tower awards (does not stack). freezes dino in place and prevents attack for 20 seconds
  • Museum Mayhem - fixed an issue where a ball locked in the Raptor Pen would get released when it should be single ball play, Gate will now stay closed and hits to the gate will count for the Raptor Award
  • Invalid Frenzy - each Gate hit now boosts jackpot and scores 500K
  • Invalid Frenzy - switches and Gate hits can now build value even if jackpots are already lit
  • All Paddocks - when in a Paddock the Helicopter spinner now increases the Paddock Bounty by 25K per spin times number of paddocks visited
  • All Paddocks - added a grace period of 2 seconds for the dinosaur capture timer when the Helicopter has to be refueled
  • All Paddocks - fixing an issue when the dinosaur is captured on the helicopter shot that would result in a “helicopter needs to be refueled” callout when the dinosaur has already been captured
  • All Paddocks - added ‘Dinosaur Escaped’ display effect when the dinosaur escapes a paddock
  • T-Rex Encounter - fixed an issue where the spinner arrow would not light when it was an active shot for the mode
  • T-Rex Encounter - fixed an issue where timer callouts were never heard for this mode
  • T-Rex Chase - fixed an issue where timer callouts were never heard for this mode
  • Pteranodon Attack - changed from 20 switches to light and increment X down to 12 switches
  • Pteranodon Attack - removed timer callouts from this mode
  • Loops - improved Left Loop detection logic if a switch is missed
  • DNA Combos - added display effect numbering so you can tell how many you have collected
  • Super Supply Drop - added display effect numbering so you can tell how many you have collected
  • Callouts - added more callouts
  • Replay - increased default replay values by 100M to bring lowest replay level to 250M
  • Attract Mode - fixed an issue with pricing information disappearing after Free Play is set
  • Attract Mode - added pricing information to tournament screens
  • Attract Mode - fixed an issue in attract mode light sweeps where museum mayhem light would not light up
  • High Scores - fixed an issue with 10 letter spacing being too wide
  • Enter Initials - fixed an issue with 3 letter spacing being too narrow when champion awards are presented
  • Spinner - a single spin can now trigger shots lit at the Left Orbit / Spinner shot (used to be 2 quick spins in succession)
  • Spinner - a single spin will not un-light any spinner score inserts
  • Museum Mayhem - victory laps base value changed from 1.5M to 3M
  • Museum Mayhem - fixed an issue with not being able to hit the Super Jackpot in Victory phase when there is a ball locked in the Raptor Pen
  • All Paddocks - fixed an issue with Super Tranq pausing timers and when the ball drains the timer is never started up again
  • Chaos Spellout - number of spellouts to light the multiball now capped at 2 (was 3)
  • Chaos Multiball - added Super Jackpot speech and text when the 3rd stage hurry-up is collected
  • Chaos Multiball - 3rd stage hurry-up will continue to run if you have only a single ball in play, mode will end after it times out or is collected
  • Chaos Multiball - Pop Bumper hits will not count towards Add-A-Ball directly after the mode starts until the Pop Bumpers are not hit for 1.5 seconds
  • Raptor Triball - ‘CHAOOOSSS’ callout added when 3 balls are added to enter stage 2
  • Secure Control Room - fixed an issue with T-Rex Perk (+8 Seconds) was capping timer at 30 seconds when you add time, now will cap at 38 if you have the perk
  • Secure Control Room - added 10 second audible countdown for hurry-up timers
  • Smart Missile - added Invalid Frenzy as an option once per game

Back
Top Bottom