What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Galaxy - Extreme Repair!

But also great - I learn so much from these videos.

And of course it's great to know another Pin is saved from the skip.

So much work to be done on that playfield... i don't know how you don't just go running and screaming out of the room just by looking at it!
Good luck with the project Luke, and i'm looking forward to the rest of the videos more than my family are looking forward to the next season of Game of Thrones :) :)

Stern Galaxy - the "why the **** did he cut that cable" pin!!:hmm:

Must have a cable cutting fetish:-o

Hi,

According to the manual and a listing of coils used by each game, Galaxy had unique flipper coils, 25-450 primary/34-4500 secondary. You've got one on the left (with the plastic former broken). These would've been slightly more powerful than Stern's standard flipper coil, which was 25-500.

Nothing too scary there, just lots of fun spending hours and hours tracing where wires go! :p

Subscribed to you on YT!

Damn you, @lukewells!!! It's 2am and I've just watched parts 1 and 2. It's going to be gone 3am if I watch them all...

But great work. Nice to know there's at least one other obsessive loony out there saving all these **** old 70s pins ;)

Stern Galaxy - the "why the **** did he cut that cable" pin!!:hmm:

Must have a cable cutting fetish:-o

I've always said people should need a licence to use a soldering iron, with all the damage I see on boards from botched soldering attempts. Now I think people should have to get a licence to use wire cutters :eek:

Back
Top Bottom