What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gone to Ebay Stern DMD

Durzel

Registered
Hi,

This came out of my newly acquired Tron LE. I would describe it's condition as good, but not excellent. There are no dead pixels or lines out, but there is some fading at the bottom right of the display which I initially thought was dirt on the inside of the backbox panel glass, but it's still there after removing the DMD from the mount. To be honest until I ran the display test yesterday I hadn't even noticed it. It might be fixable by someone with skills, which rules me out, so I'm selling it "as is".

The video below shows it running through the test modes. The fading looks worse in the video that it is in real life, in my opinion, and it ought not to be noticeable during normal use. The strobing is due to the video refresh rate, it obviously doesn't strobe to the human eye.

Looking for £85 posted via insured courier.

Open to offers on this. I've got no use for it and need to clear some space.

Did wonder that, unusual to have a plasma in Tron though? Guess the machine was imported from outside europe at some point would explain why it doesn't have a led.

Last edited:
Didn't Stern start fitting LED DMD's to EU/GB machines for a period while still fitting plasma in the US? so the Tron in question could be a US machine? or did I dream the whole thing? :D

To be honest I don't know much about it other than the fact that I have taken it out of the machine (it's my first Stern pin too) and replaced it with a ColorDMD, so it's surplus to requirements.

I guess it's possible it was originally a US pin?

Happy to accept offers on it. Not sure if @chris b is saying £85 is a good price or not, I did a search on here and it seemed to be in the right ballpark. Not looking to take advantage of anyone so happy to be corrected.

I removed the led on my family guy and fitted a plasma years ago.Never like the out of alignment on the leds.Same with my old Spider-Man

Back
Top Bottom