What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STERN BATMAN 66 AND IRON MAIDEN TOPPERS : REVIEW AND INSTALL : VIDEO

wiggy07

Registered
STERN BATMAN 66 AND IRON MAIDEN TOPPERS : REVIEW AND INSTALL : VIDEO

Recently I installed the Batman 66 and Iron Maiden toppers on my games. The two toppers look great and were easy to install. The Batman 66 topper seems like it is just a lit up topper with no interaction with the game. The Iron Maiden topper seems like it interacts with certain modes in the game by lighting up certain parts of the topper.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress....iron-maiden-toppers-review-and-install-video/

YouTube Video :

1.jpg2.jpgIron Maiden and Batman 66 Title.jpg

Funnily enough I installed my Maiden topper this morning!

Built pretty well, and nice and heavy.

But, the plastic doesn't sit flat so there is a fair amount of light bleed that is really annoying.

Seems every topper is like this.

And the red lights are pink!

So, I added a red gel in the lights and lights are a solid red now.

Then I taped the inside of the plastic and once screwed back on, another layer of tape to sit on the other layer.

Took me a stupid amount of time but no light bleed now :)

I would have liked a better solution but couldn't think of one.....

IMG_5148.jpgIMG_5154.jpgIMG_5156.jpg

But, the plastic doesn't sit flat so there is a fair amount of light bleed that is really annoying.

The light bleed is a right pita.For the price of these things you'd think they'd have the design nailed down.
I used some black sticky felt on mine and it worked great.

Mine has no light bleed now but was thinking of a neater solution.

Maybe draught excluder stuck on the inside of the plastic?

Can't be ****d to re-do it again though:D

For the money, it's annoying for sure.

Otherwise it's pretty good and solid and lots of metal.

That maiden topper is so awesome..... did you guys order direct from stern?
Expensive with the shipping + import etc.....
I’m tempted to buy one but vowed to the Mrs not to pay HMRC and Royal Mail any more contributions towards their Xmas party fund 😃

I walked through customs with a boxed tennis ball machine, 4ft high, 2 ft wide. Straight past 10 customs guys. They never even blinked an eye. My mate walked through with a 65" TV from Dubai, clearly brand new. No drama either.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I’m tempted to buy one but vowed to the Mrs not to pay HMRC and Royal Mail any more contributions towards their Xmas party fund 😃

@Neil McRae No3 topper was for me which he kindly brought back from Tpf.
I did the enquiries over here when they got released and was quoted £500 and that was excluding vat and custom charges hence why we never got them here.

Bought my topper from Cointaker here in the U.S.

Seems every topper is like this.

And the red lights are pink!

So, I added a red gel in the lights and lights are a solid red now.

Then I taped the inside of the plastic and once screwed back on, another layer of tape to sit on the other layer.

Took me a stupid amount of time but no light bleed now :)

I would have liked a better solution but couldn't think of one.....

View attachment 83922View attachment 83923View attachment 83924

Thanks for the pics and the explanation of your repairs to the topper. Why pink lights? I might do your fix to the topper and make my lights red also. Thanks again .

Thanks for the pics and the explanation of your repairs to the topper. Why pink lights? I might do your fix to the topper and make my lights red also. Thanks again .

The lights were pinkish, as opposed to deep red. Red gels made a big difference.

If you want neat finish, felt with adhesive on back can be stuck to the plastic bottom so nothing is visible on the outside.

Think I will buy a Stern T-Shirt next as hopefully won't have to mess around with it:D

Back
Top Bottom