What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Review

I don't know how you can post anything on the timing / success of the game. There is no real evidence to support any claim. You can make an assumption that because of the pandemic the game did worse. I'd refute that though as I think more people bought this game than might have done because of being in lockdown and on site playing been less. If the pandemic hadn't been on I'm not sure I'd have bought this.

Neil.

If I look at some inside stats comparing Stranger things and Turtles:

NST. TNNT
104 LEs. 146 LE
115pros 188 pros

I think you need to proof read that paragraph also as it doesn't read right.

NST launched differently at CES and was in the UK earlier to play because of this...

JJP launch was well after TMNT so not sure why you mention it as its perhaps misleading to the reader in some regards.

I like how Stern works with Mr. Danger... Great way to launch the games... I did love the JJP launch though very slick

Stern has backorders of most games until Q2 next year, they far from struggling and they don't really need to push for sales.

No way is TMNT on par with JP2... Stop sniffing glue

@Neil McRae - "
I'd refute that though as I think more people bought this game than might have done because of being in lockdown and on site playing been less. If the pandemic hadn't been on I'm not sure I'd have bought this.

Neil.

"Whilst I don't have exact numbers, as no one does. It seems that Stern didn't have the major hit on their hands, I personally, think they should have."

I don't know how you can post anything on the timing / success of the game. There is no real evidence to support any claim.

A few places I check to approximate success

Pinball Owners:

19 TMNT Listings
JP2 62 Listings Suffixed with PRO, PREMIUM OR LE, although 100+ with Stern Filter applied
44 Stranger Things

Pinside Owners / Locations

JP Pro 368 - 246
JP Prem 419 - 37
JP LE 223 - 24

Total = 1,317

TMNT Pro - 188 - 62
TMNT Premium - 70 - 9
TMNT LE - 145 - 10

Total = 484

Stranger Things

ST Pro 115 - 134
ST Prem 65 - 28
ST LE 104 - 19

Total = 465

Fair indicator I would say.

Last edited:
I like how Stern works with Mr. Danger... Great way to launch the games... I did love the JJP launch though very slick

Stern has backorders of most games until Q2 next year, they far from struggling and they don't really need to push for sales.

No way is TMNT on par with JP2... Stop sniffing glue

Agreed on the first two points, think I said that in the article.

Very different games. When friends come over (and I have had two in the pinshed that aren't "Pinheads" - namely Billy and Scott, both didn't appreciate JP2 but LOVED TMNT. You are a higher level, higher skill player. JP2 is aimed at that level of player. For the beginner, intermediate, larger collection games, and for people with less time. TMNT has its place. Now where's my Cyanoacrylate!

@Neil McRae - "

"Whilst I don't have exact numbers, as no one does. It seems that Stern didn't have the major hit on their hands, I personally, think they should have."

A few places I check to approximate success

Pinball Owners:

19 TMNT Listings
JP2 62 Listings Suffixed with PRO, PREMIUM OR LE, although 100+ with Stern Filter applied
44 Stranger Things

Pinside Owners / Locations

JP Pro 368 - 246
JP Prem 419 - 37
JP LE 223 - 24

Total = 1,317

TMNT Pro - 188 - 62
TMNT Premium - 70 - 9
TMNT LE - 145 - 10

Total = 784

Stranger Things

ST Pro 115 - 134
ST Prem 65 - 28
ST LE 104 - 19

Total = 465

Fair indicator I would say.

Which goes opposite to what you had in the review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't understand, I was stating I thought TMNT should have come close to JP2 - from what I can see, it did under half as well!, heck not only a shade over a third as well! Not sure how that is different. Also TMNT = 484 Owners not 784 - damn keyboard!

Must just be a terrible writer :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom