What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Starship Trooper props

Jetsetron

Registered
Bit of a long shot...

I’ve been chatting to the seller of the SST on eBay, I’ve noticed that the machine is missing the two ships and the tanker bug on the top half of the playfield, and the two cannons by the flippers.

Does anyone have spares? I’ve been looking thru the various pin shops online and had no luck.

Don’t really want to buy the machine if those bits are missing and unreplacable.

Thanks!

Example of what’s missing at the top.

Attachments

• AF45E17E-3F2A-4AAE-A872-B05B117D543F.png
    AF45E17E-3F2A-4AAE-A872-B05B117D543F.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 23
I’ve been told by a member of the Pinball for sale FB group that they’re just the standard toys you could buy separately?

Nope they’ve not even changed the listing yet to reflect the missing parts. It’s the third time the machine has been listed.

From the messages it seems they’re convinced it’s worth the money as condition is so good.

I don't mean to tell my granny how to suck oranges mate, but I would leave well alone.
If they can't even take decent photos, I wouldn't trust their views on condition.
One will show up if you patient. You have Rollergames to enjoy for time being.
A project one was sold for 1k a few months back. Why not get in contact with them and see what they planned to do with it. It may be minted by now and you will probably get it for less than that pin.

I brought the thread back in that project SST to try get the buyers attention - I’ll see if they are prepared to part with it.

I’ve been on and off looking for a SST for ages and they seem quite rare, but I fully agree Horsey/James that they want too much for it and the fact they didn’t notice all the toys missing is interesting.

You say rare, I am not so sure..

In fact, this may well be the one that was picked up off an operator for peanuts (seem to recall £600?!?!?)

Anyone remember or have a link to the Facebook post?

£600 seems a common figure. I picked mine up off eBay for that 4 or 5 years ago.

There’s a few kicking around the UK still. 2k seems a very optimistic price to ask for. I’d put all the Segas in the 1200-1500 price bracket

Might be worth contacting Matti to see if he is interested in selling his. Havent seen him at a pin event for a while so his pin mojo may have left him

I wonder Horsey it was on the Channel Islands tho. Could be worth a follow. He got it for half that James wow, that kills me ?. Need to up my bargain hunting.

I have a lead from this thread by PM (this forum works!) and I remain hopeful it may lead to something.

Appreciate the leads ?

Hope you get it @Jetsetron - love to see a shop log too if it needs work.

Once you are done, dig me out a TWD won't you

It always amazes me how many people buy something like this as an impulse buy(maybe because they like the theme) and then it isn't as fun as they think. So are more than happy to move them on. Although most need convinced they aren't made of gold. So always worth following up sales from Facebook.
Fingers crossed for you mate

Good news, had a couple of forum members get in contact and got an agreement to buy a sst which I collect on Wednesday.

Got piece of mind because I know it’s a cared for machine from a forum member.

Thanks for everyone’s inputs and leads.

Really can’t wait till weds!

Good news, had a couple of forum members get in contact and got an agreement to buy a sst which I collect on Wednesday.

Got piece of mind because I know it’s a cared for machine from a forum member.

Thanks for everyone’s inputs and leads.

Really can’t wait till weds!
Keep us posted, I would like to know more... ;)

? plans for it LED and colour DMD, then just enjoy. Then probably a third machine (fixer upper). Shame the Phantom on gumtree is so much with faults.

Back
Top Bottom