What's new

STAR WARS LANDS AT TILT - WEDNESDAY!!!

What a game played the le and the pro a fair bit today the sounds and display are just something else not too sure about the X factor voice over man doing some call outs IMG_5611.JPG

Yes that’s the only thing I really don’t like about the game either Chris - I think he’s from the cartoon clone wars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chris, as you have got them both side by side are all the plastics different on each model? I know it's on the feature list but what are the differences?
Still trying to get to grips with what's going on and set it up properly.

What a game played the le and the pro a fair bit today the sounds and display are just something else not too sure about the X factor voice over man doing some call outs View attachment 51544

Had a few games on this yesterday with @Wizcat

Took a while to get into it and figure out what was what but eventually enjoyed it, it did feel at times like you need 3 hands to play it with the Tie Fighter button mash and locking in the shot multipliers. Sure felt like a Steve Richie game and flow was excellent and some good shots in there. Found a bug where a multiball would not end which was annoying as I was only a couple of modes off doing all of them.

That Tie Figher on a spring looks so cheap though, they must have come from a Kinder Egg! One air ball and they'll get smashed to pieces.

Had a few games on this yesterday with @Wizcat

Took a while to get into it and figure out what was what but eventually enjoyed it, it did feel at times like you need 3 hands to play it with the Tie Fighter button mash and locking in the shot multipliers. Sure felt like a Steve Richie game and flow was excellent and some good shots in there. Found a bug where a multiball would not end which was annoying as I was only a couple of modes off doing all of them.

That Tie Figher on a spring looks so cheap though, they must have come from a Kinder Egg! One air ball and they'll get smashed to pieces.

yeah pretty muck sums it up,tho at least it did look like a fair wadge of the code was there from the get go, Dialed In seems very solidly built but didn't fully understand wjat to do.Aerosmith looks aesthetically awesome imo.Really enjoyed @tilt and had a few drinks of a really nice porter and had a few chats with a few people.Tilt is well worth a visit- cake is nice too

yeah pretty muck sums it up,tho at least it did look like a fair wadge of the code was there from the get go, Dialed In seems very solidly built but didn't fully understand wjat to do.Aerosmith looks aesthetically awesome imo.Really enjoyed @tilt and had a few drinks of a really nice porter and had a few chats with a few people.Tilt is well worth a visit- cake is nice too

Was good to see you :)

I fairly loved Star Wars. The modes all feel different, with nice objectives (which are also clearly explained on the screen). Lighting effects and sound effects were great. I love the way you can strategise with getting modes ready to start, then stacking multiple modes together (sometimes stacking them with a mini-wizard multiball mode to help make them easier too). The character select further adds to this as some modes/shots will be easier to complete than others

The only thing I'm not sure whether I like or not, is the shot multiplier thing that you can move around with your flippers. I expect you'd really need to slow your game down to be lining up those multipliers with your current most valuable shots, and that might make things too fiddly.

Think it's my favourite of the new games I've tried recently though. I think I enjoyed it more than Dialed In, which I still really want to love, but can't fully click with yet.

I played it and had the issues from Chris’ podcast in my mind (Kenada). I’m going to play it more but some of the problems he highlighted:

• Artwork
  • Game not under the glass, too much on the screen
  • Not enough for the theme
  • Poor quality video scenes
Artwork isn’t breathtaking but it didn’t strike me as ****.

He’s right on the second point but I’m not sure if that’s a bad thing. Sure I don’t want every pin like that but I think this does it well. The mode integration etc. However, I’m not a SW fan and have no idea about the movies so the scenes were wasted on me and I wasn’t really sure if I was playing through a movie or not.

Can’t comment on the theme but there doesn’t seem to be many cool gimmicks on the pro version. Maybe the moving Death Star toy on the premium will change that a bit. I played Gone Finishing after it and that’s quite a difference.

I thought the video was fine and good quality though maybe he scenes should play full screen?

From what I’ve played so far I did really enjoy it. It’s fast and the play field didn’t feel empty to me, it fit with the theme IMO, as in, hurtling through space blowing **** up.
Complete opposite to Dialed In which is really busy, not worse just different.

That’s coming from a noob in pinball so take it with a pinch of salt but I thought it was fun and had a really play again factor to it. Maybe hardcore SW fans will be disappointed by the theme.

Managed to grab some games yesterday

Really loving this game as much as I do Game of Thrones in the Stern camp

It's packed with modes, multiballs and hurry ups :) Like GOT if your not in a mode or multiball it's low scoring and bonus plays big in this game

It's a winner as a player and operator! People are instantly drawn to it :)
View attachment 51510
FB_IMG_1505811282781.jpg

Forgot to post this from my trip on Saturday, especially as it was the first game I played as a single player.

It's really easy to step up to and know what to shoot after only a couple of games. Hopefully there will be deeper strategies to explore in a home environment, to really maximise your score. On site it should be a favourite.

When putting the game on its legs found two screws at at the back, where the head securing bolts go through. They were wedged in the hole..

Anyone know where they could be from?
image.jpg

I played it and had the issues from Chris’ podcast in my mind (Kenada). I’m going to play it more but some of the problems he highlighted:

• Artwork
  • Game not under the glass, too much on the screen
  • Not enough for the theme
  • Poor quality video scenes
Artwork isn’t breathtaking but it didn’t strike me as ****.

He’s right on the second point but I’m not sure if that’s a bad thing. Sure I don’t want every pin like that but I think this does it well. The mode integration etc. However, I’m not a SW fan and have no idea about the movies so the scenes were wasted on me and I wasn’t really sure if I was playing through a movie or not.

Can’t comment on the theme but there doesn’t seem to be many cool gimmicks on the pro version. Maybe the moving Death Star toy on the premium will change that a bit. I played Gone Finishing after it and that’s quite a difference.

I thought the video was fine and good quality though maybe he scenes should play full screen?

From what I’ve played so far I did really enjoy it. It’s fast and the play field didn’t feel empty to me, it fit with the theme IMO, as in, hurtling through space blowing **** up.
Complete opposite to Dialed In which is really busy, not worse just different.

That’s coming from a noob in pinball so take it with a pinch of salt but I thought it was fun and had a really play again factor to it. Maybe hardcore SW fans will be disappointed by the theme.

Its a very good game but not the best use of the Star Wars theme, although in fairness thats not an easy thing to get right. I would have liked to have seen more toys on the play field for sure. As a pinball player I'd have one, as a collector I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot barge pole. Chris is a collector...

Neil

First thoughts...

It's VERY fast! Needs getting used to, but a lot of drains SDTM from the Death Star shot after it loops round.

Sound quality and light shows are amazing. Not sure what I'm doing yet, like after you complete a mode, just flail about a bit a drain.

Back
Top Bottom