What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star wars has died

Don't worry if it is that Jim @myPinballs can repair, as others on this site. Just a matter of taking the board out and sending it. I've sent him boards before, always done an amazing job.

Happy to take a look/test/repair any board from your game if required. Just drop me a dm. I have a dedicated game here in my workshop to test boards aswell as the bench.

Cheers

Jim

One thing to note, those rotten dog replacement psu boards are ok, but not that great if running an original high voltage dmd. the design is not that great for this section in my view. Originals are better, but most people use colour dmd these days anyway, so it may be a mute point as time goes on.

Worth posting a quick vid of the 3 cpu lights at boot up to check the operation etc.

I'm not sure this is the right way to post so it reaches all who replied and helped me but I've replaced the fuse and all is up and running. I'm a novice and am learnig all the time. I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who contributed and helped. Much appreciated.

It is, that's fantastic news.

Don't worry pinball machines are scary inside

Most have been through this, I was petrified of breaking my broken sttng at first, to be honest if COVID hadn't hit I would have sent it away and paid someone to fix it. Turns out I didn't need it to be, because if you can fix sttng you can fix most pinball things. Now without the many people on this forum and there guidance and advice it would have been impossible.

Can't believe 1 fuse can stop the lights, sound AND display. Learn something new every day.
I can it's pinball 🤣 but yep at the start would have thought the same so your not being daft. I don't know or have been trained in electronics so the unknown is scary

It is, that's fantastic news.

Don't worry pinball machines are scary inside

Most have been through this, I was petrified of breaking my broken sttng at first, to be honest if COVID hadn't hit I would have sent it away and paid someone to fix it. Turns out I didn't need it to be, because if you can fix sttng you can fix most pinball things. Now without the many people on this forum and there guidance and advice it would have been impossible.
Absolutely. This site is very useful with lots of knowledgeable people here. I was initially disheartened but that's the worry of what it could be. I'm surprised it was just a fuse though because at first the sound went but lights and display were fine, then they stopped after I plugged a block slightly off line. I thought they would have all gone or none at all. Strange one to me but I'm happy it is OK now.

Even though unplugging and replugging can make a machine work as the pins on the connector get a rub and lose some corrosion. If the resistance is too high, the lights can stop working.
But one pin off on the connector would make another issue, that could have blown the fuse.

Also, a fuse can be for a power line, 12V, which is often needed for the lights and an original display.

Back
Top Bottom