What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Trek is Stern's next vault

Really? Pretty surprised by that given how new it is. Guess they don't need to sell a load to justify another run of games.

Guess they must have a surplus of parts, not exactly an in demand title (though I love it).

Maybe Carl has hit it on the head. Vault editions with LCD displays could make commercial sense. Not sure how much would have to be changed but it could breath new life into the re-issues. GOT would look so much better without the crappy red dot videos. Is Spike backward compatible?

That’s just crazy no demand for them in this country to fit the spike system would need a complete re design and I am sure it will be the same old same old or they would have done it on the ac dc vault
They seem to drag up an old title once a year to do a vault edition but they certainly could have made a better choice

Unless they are going to put the new style display in I honestly can’t think why you’d buy a vault unless you really want a brand new Star Trek. Loads in circulation and not expensive to get a used one either.

Already has LEDs, tilted speaker panel and the other goodies they usually brag about for a vault. What else can they throw on it to separate it?

It’s not really a vault - no changes to it - simply another run of an existing game - suspect US market focused - it’s very well liked in the US. Hopefully bodes well for a final code up date to fix some ugly bugs in it. I hated this game when I first played but got hooked on it at NLP last year. It’s a fantastic game IMO.

Cheers
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s not really a vault - no changes to it - simply another run of an existing game - suspect US market focused - it’s very well liked in the US. Hopefully bodes well for a final code up date to fix some ugly bugs in it. I hated this game when I first played but got hooked on it at NLP last year. It’s a fantastic game IMO.

Cheers
Neil.

Hope so too. It's riven with bugs, even if the rules are good. Barely play mine. Bug squashing would change that.

What is a VAULT edition?

Where stern take a machine they stopped machine- tart it up a bit and resell it. Star Trek isn’t really a vault IMO as they are just making more of the same.

Recent examples:
AC/DC
Batman 66 (not really a vault edition but was going to be effectively TDK vault)
Spider-Man - probably the biggest vault change from movie to comic version
Iron man

Cheers, seems fair, squeeze every last penny out of a machine. Must be a lot cheaper than designing a brand new theme.

Especially if you also have alt of the parts in stock.

The big vault that everyone wants is Tron!

Must have cost stern some dough as the license had expired

Maybe they paired a weak vault edition with iron maiden because they didn't want to slow sales with a big demand vault like tron. Wait for the next new release that flops then wheel out Tron VE to mop up the mess.....

As others have already said - where's the Tron re-release!

I don't want to answer that one myself with 'Disney' because I'd like to hope for lower prices/more supply for that game, still...

Seems a pretty cynical move to be able to rerun a DMD game. I suspect there's a gap in the production schedule needs filling.

what do people want for a vault?

Tron, obviously.

I'd like a POTC vault. any others?

Back
Top Bottom