What's new

Stages of pinball ownership

Nice work, a family that works together stays together. Not only that they'll end up better than their dad at fixing pins.

When number 4 has finished working on Taxi I know someone who may be intrested in it, if he's selling it.

3 but thinking more and more in a pre-4 fashion. Thoughts such as "If I cut my home office desk in half could I squeeze one more in the pin shack?"
Well, here I am. Stage 4. Amazing I managed to last out 18 months of Stage 3 :eek:

Admittedly I've succumb to another crappy non-working classic Bally 80s solid-state hunk-of-junk, but just like the Millennium Falcon:

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

In honesty I see plenty of spare ground around the outside of the frame so I don't think you are particularly serious or committed. C+ for the attempt though ;)

Ps...unless that's one of the sidewalls going up then 100/10

In honesty I see plenty of spare ground around the outside of the frame so I don't think you are particularly serious or committed. C+ for the attempt though ;)

Ps...unless that's one of the sidewalls going up then 100/10
Ha-ha, this was the best I could get with the powers that be.
7.0 x 4.5m so not too bad.....for now! :)

It's the irony at the end when you finish the build and don't have money left to fill it!!

Sounds a good size, but as I'm sure you already know whatever size you build it, it won't be big enough.

Is there a regression stage where you have to sell all your good games to buy something more important? :(

Please explain...

A new car - so I can get to work and make money? I'd love to be able to live off my pins but I don't think that's possible!

Of course nothing is more important than the games! *sweats nervously with eyes shifting back and forth*

I brought a Black Belt in 2007, not even being into pinball, sold it around 2009, now got SS,FT,BSD,PZ & a pacman..;-) ...oh the poor wife

Shusshhhh, wrong forum :) the pinheads may boot us out if Pac-Man is brought up :eek:

Normally i dont read much into 'stages' of anything. But there does seem to be a stage of pinball torture where nothing you do works out. Its at this stage where your pin desires are tested and a fight or flight response is required. Thankfully, this hobby has some good folk involved who will always offer support in a variety of ways to keep those pin desires alive.

Shusshhhh, wrong forum :) the pinheads may boot us out if Pac-Man is brought up :eek:
Ohhh... THAT kind of Pac-Man...

www.arcade_museum.com_images_118_118124214333.gif

Not THIS kind of Pac-Man...

www.arcade_museum.com_images_109_1092874039.jpg

Mmm... o_O not sure we're allowed to be friends now...

Shhhhh!!! I won't tell if you don't but I've got one of these so maybe it's ok :rolleyes: :D

www.arcade_museum.com_images_118_1181242049141.jpg
www.arcade_museum.com_images_118_1181242049140.jpg

www.arcade_museum.com_images_118_1181242049142.png www.arcade_museum.com_images_118_1181242049145.png www.arcade_museum.com_images_118_1181242049144.png www.arcade_museum.com_images_118_1181242049143.png

Number 2 so far, actively looking for my first money pit right now.

My limiting factor in this case is solely cash. Well, cash and space, but cash solves space problems... If I won the lottery I'd quit the day job and open up a pinball and gaming arcade and just break even on the rent + repair materials. I'd die a happy man up my eyeballs in games, repair and renovation work. Utter bliss.

Yes, I'm a tinkerer lol

Ah, problem is you use cash to make space and then have no cash to fill space.....it's a conundrum most people on here have.....

My wife has allocated me 4 spaces at the back of the lounge as long as she can have a pool table.....kind of a win win for me! Sadly, her mums piano may have to have a slight accident as she won't let me have it wrapped in a nice colour as turd brown just won't work....

Back
Top Bottom