What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SSD Repair Tool recommendations?

Crewey

Site Supporter
Please can anyone recommend software they've had success restoring/repairing a Windows installation. Obviously I've googled but it seems to be a minefield.

Windows will not boot, CHKDSK fails in all forms despite running for 72hrs to completion the first time, repair & recovery from USB boot fails, safe mode hangs up etc..
I've resorted to removing the SSD and will USB cradle it to try a repair connected to my other machine.

In this instance the Windows recovery element is more preferable to recovering personal data/files etc.. due to the absolute ball-ache finding the hardware drivers and calibrating the peripherals would be.(It's a vpin)

Thanks all

Please can anyone recommend software they've had success restoring/repairing a Windows installation. Obviously I've googled but it seems to be a minefield.

Windows will not boot, CHKDSK fails in all forms despite running for 72hrs to completion the first time, repair & recovery from USB boot fails, safe mode hangs up etc..
I've resorted to removing the SSD and will USB cradle it to try a repair connected to my other machine.

In this instance the Windows recovery element is more preferable to recovering personal data/files etc.. due to the absolute ball-ache finding the hardware drivers and calibrating the peripherals would be.(It's a vpin)

Thanks all
Hiya mate

What version windows are you running?

Cheers dude, I'll check it out 👍
Failing that, a fresh install of Windows on a new ssd, then use baller installer to get the software installed, then copy all the tables from the old disk using your usb caddy. A bit of a pain in the backside, but no doubt it will be faster loading and playing once done

Might be worth a try plugging it into a linux box - that's sometimes less fussy, and usually more informative.

Back
Top Bottom