What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Game 3

Replay

Site Supporter
So, 500 at $6250.

What a month - Batman 66 to be revealed, AFMR, JJP 3 to be revealed at Expo, and Alien prototype.

If there is a bubble we are right smack in it:cool:

Spooky Pinball official house game #3...

Let's just toss this out right away. We are throwing the kitchen sink at this one, rolling RZ money into more talent and expanding the building, moving the number up to 500 units, and the price will be $6250. No LE's... just 500 bad ass awesome games. Might be an alternate backglass available to all, but that remains to be determined.

Not gonna say another word until it's ready to show and announce officially (gonna be several months). Hate to raise the price at all, but trust me... that $250 is ALL going towards cool interactive toys and the engineering it takes to make our games better.

We're waaay beyond the 1/3rd mark on Rob Zombie shipped and getting faster all the time. We want to have the best games we can possibly make, and do what we can to keep them affordable... pinball is crazy expensive any way you slice it.

Speculate away... pinside.com_img_smilies_icon_wink.gif

Is it pre-order - i.e. they want your money before delivery? Seems a good price if not. Also, is it unlicensed (is that what "house game" means)? Hope so, so many good games in the past didn't rely on licences; so save the licence fee and spunk it all on an amazing game instead.

Fair play to Spooky for not jumping on the rip off bandwagon. :thumbs:

Is it pre-order - i.e. they want your money before delivery? Seems a good price if not. Also, is it unlicensed (is that what "house game" means)? Hope so, so many good games in the past didn't rely on licences; so save the licence fee and spunk it all on an amazing game instead.
Isn't a house game something they want to build? No 3 pin was Domino's ie a corporate game perhaps they're going to make a licenced Godzilla game?

Sorry @Replay, your talking as if your working for Spooky, do you?

fantastic that someone dares to walk away from all this pro-pre-LE-SLE nonsense, and get back to one standard game with optional add-ons or alternative art

Isn't a house game something they want to build? No 3 pin was Domino's ie a corporate game perhaps they're going to make a licenced Godzilla game?

Sorry @Replay, your talking as if your working for Spooky, do you?
That would be pretty cool, wouldn't it? And I guess I would be pretty cool as well....
But, er, no, no chanceo_O

Fair play to Spooky for not jumping on the rip off bandwagon. :thumbs:

Pricing of their first 2 games was understandable, given the small runs and that the company was just starting up, but with a larger run for #3, their underlying tech developed, and money from things like Domino's to keep them ticking, I'd seriously hope for a much more fully featured game at $6250 for 500 units than either RZ or AMH.

Either way, it can't not be better built than Sterns, so 'bargain' regardless?

Pricing of their first 2 games was understandable, given the small runs and that the company was just starting up, but with a larger run for #3, their underlying tech developed, and money from things like Domino's to keep them ticking, I'd seriously hope for a much more fully featured game at $6250 for 500 units than either RZ or AMH.

Either way, it can't not be better built than Sterns, so 'bargain' regardless?
The market is crying out for a decent quality game at around £4K NIB. Time for the Chinese to have a go ?

Yeah ... unfortunate that cameras won't be allowed at HomePin's booth at the Australian pinball show in Newcastle next weekend. Really curious to see what the layout and toys are like for Thunderbirds.

Also, with Stern increasingly taking the **** re: pricing and quality of manufacture, I really hope one of the big Japanese companies gets (back) into pinball. They have to be aware of what's going on ... I guess the biggest impediment is that their home market (at least in Tokyo & Osaka) demands upright cabinets (hence pachinko and fighting games) due to real estate being so horrendously expensive and premises so small.

It'd give the industry a massive kick up the ****.

Have they made anything yet ?

They're making literally everthing. If you go to their FB page, they regularly show various components that they're making. Flipper assemblies or coils, or power supplies or other bits and pieces. Their EL decals for the Thunderbirds backbox look pretty cool.

Thunderbirds is expected in the middle of next year, finally, I think.

They've been shipping Hankin branded arcade cocktail tables for about 18 months now. Apparently their pinball machines after Thunderbirds (or some of them) will be Hankin branded ... I'm hoping for a cricket themed game.

Have they made anything yet ?
They've invested heavily in a factory and creating original parts, which sets them up nicely to make games at whatever price they choose given the Chinese labour market. Might not see a cheaper game straight away, as initial investment was large according to the founder, but I doubt it'll be another Predator and they've indicated the £4K game market is something they intend to pitch for - large US distributor in tow. Homepin, in my view, will be the one to watch in the next 2yrs or so.

They're making literally everthing. If you go to their FB page, they regularly show various components that they're making. Flipper assemblies or coils, or power supplies or other bits and pieces. Their EL decals for the Thunderbirds backbox look pretty cool.

Thunderbirds is expected in the middle of next year, finally, I think.

They've been shipping Hankin branded arcade cocktail tables for about 18 months now. Apparently their pinball machines after Thunderbirds (or some of them) will be Hankin branded ... I'm hoping for a cricket themed game.

They've invested heavily in a factory and creating original parts, which sets them up nicely to make games at whatever price they choose given the Chinese labour market. Might not see a cheaper game straight away, as initial investment was large according to the founder, but I doubt it'll be another Predator and they've indicated the £4K game market is something they intend to pitch for - large US distributor in tow. Homepin, in my view, will be the one to watch in the next 2yrs or so.

Fascinating. It is a story I haven't been following so have no knowledge about them. Must look into it.

Back
Top Bottom