What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky, Chicago Gaming and Ben Heck to collaborate on a new machine

I ended up paying them well over a $1000 for a populated playfield which is in a box in my garage. The original playfield is still in the game as I thought I might as well use it until it falls apart which looking at some parts of it won’t be long notably where the ball drops off the shooter lane. I’d have preferred a swap but Charlie came up with this offer which was a reasonable compromise given a swap wasn’t going to happen. I like the spooky guys but as you know if someone asks me for a view I’m not going to sugar coat it because in the long run that doesn’t help spooky.

If I compare the ACNC we have at the club with my IMDN Premium which has been in the club couple of months longer (and hasn’t been out of order anywhere near as much) the Stern playfield is in much better shape. I cleaned the ACNC we have in the club last week hoping we would use it in the league and from an engineering stand point Stern would appear to have a considerable upper hand. Although TNA is a better built machine than ACNC also in my view, JJP games would also appear better engineered but with poorer quality parts/sub-assemblies. CGC ****es all over all of them.

My expectations in engineering are high but with each of these companies I know what to expect. That hasn’t put me off ordering R&M from Spooky but I expect to fiddle with it a lot more than other games. What I’m not standing by and doing is let the idiots in pinside spin nonsense about the quality of games for people to get the wrong expectation.

Cheers,
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
When the time comes and you want to get rid of the old populated Playfield. Give me a shout. Happy to buy it off you 👍🏻

Is Batman 66 exempt? Or does it precede the more recent issues? I thought, beyond the ironic GB ghosting issues, they'd never really gone away!
From memory my non-pooling/non-chipping BM66 has a November 2018 build date which is before these issues really took off. I can't see why a BM66 built whilst they were having issues would be exempt.

I ended up paying them well over a $1000 for a populated playfield which is in a box in my garage. The original playfield is still in the game as I thought I might as well use it until it falls apart which looking at some parts of it won’t be long notably where the ball drops off the shooter lane. I’d have preferred a swap but Charlie came up with this offer which was a reasonable compromise given a swap wasn’t going to happen. I like the spooky guys but as you know if someone asks me for a view I’m not going to sugar coat it because in the long run that doesn’t help spooky.

If I compare the ACNC we have at the club with my IMDN Premium which has been in the club couple of months longer (and hasn’t been out of order anywhere near as much) the Stern playfield is in much better shape. I cleaned the ACNC we have in the club last week hoping we would use it in the league and from an engineering stand point Stern would appear to have a considerable upper hand. Although TNA is a better built machine than ACNC also in my view, JJP games would also appear better engineered but with poorer quality parts/sub-assemblies. CGC ****es all over all of them.

My expectations in engineering are high but with each of these companies I know what to expect. That hasn’t put me off ordering R&M from Spooky but I expect to fiddle with it a lot more than other games. What I’m not standing by and doing is let the idiots in pinside spin nonsense about the quality of games for people to get the wrong expectation.

Cheers,
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's a concern. Mine has no wear at all apart from the standard dimples, but I doubt it gets as much play as yours. Even so, maybe I'll put some mylar in the shooter lane as protection. Sorry to hear about the cost - not an ideal outcome.

Back
Top Bottom