What's new

Spiderman Toppers and Mods

Yayzi

Registered
Hello, just picked up a great Spiderman pinball, interested in any mods, toppers, add ons available or people have used or can recommend.

Thanks in advance. Martin

100% get a Cliffy for the Doc Oc magnet (or a whole set while you’re at it).
Col does some great web inlane protectors - sure he’s got a photo if you PM him.
Shaker integration is pretty good on SM as well, and I liked LEDs on ours although aware they can be a bit marmite.

Quite new to pinball mods especially Sterns, old Williams fan. Do you mean https://shop.thepinwitch.com/Game-S...-Protector-Spiderman-Doc-Ock.html?language=en

Shaker seen reference to this what does it do ? Tell me it shakes the machine 😂
That’s not the one I was talking about but it wouldn’t hurt! The one you really really want is for the magnet - so a little round one. Will see if I can find a photo later, although as I say it’s worth a full set if you’ve got the cash. Not sure who brings Cliffys into the UK so you’d have to ask around.

A shaker is a little box that goes into the game that vibrates / shakes the game at certain trigger points. Jackpot? Shakes! Sandman moves? Shakes! Integration quality varies on game but majority of the Lyman coded games have great integration - I didn’t regret buying one for our SM!

ColorDMD is a must have
Shaker motor is good
I have an aluminum topper (no longer available)
I have a shooter-rod in the shape of Spiderman's head (no idea where i bought it from)
If you LED your game, you will have to use a controller as the LEDs need to fade

LED controller is either an Afterglow board or an LED OCD board, both are available for inserts and general illumination.

SM just uses a relay for GI (all on or off), so the GIzmo (or equiv) is all it needs to smooth that out a bit with LEDs, if at all.

If using OCD for inserts then don’t use anti-ghosting type, use regular.

I used carbon cliffy ring around Dr Ock magnet, didn’t need it but felt right.

Looks good with mirror blades or art blades. Speaker-lights and metal powder coating too.

Attachments

• IMG_8735.jpeg
    IMG_8735.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8734.jpeg
    IMG_8734.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8733.jpeg
    IMG_8733.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 18
I done quite a few plastic protectors on mine which makes it pop and at the same time keeps your originals safe from breaking.

Shout if anything there of interest

Coly

SM just uses a relay for GI (all on or off), so the GIzmo (or equiv) is all it needs to smooth that out a bit with LEDs, if at all.

If using OCD for inserts then don’t use anti-ghosting type, use regular.

I used carbon cliffy ring around Dr Ock magnet, didn’t need it but felt right.

Looks good with mirror blades or art blades. Speaker-lights and metal powder coating too.
I like the lower plastic decals saw them look good, I like them as they are but it’s a darker side of spidy touch 😂.

Just ordered same spider speaker plastic wasn’t sure to go with webs or spiders.

I done quite a few plastic protectors on mine which makes it pop and at the same time keeps your originals safe from breaking.

Shout if anything there of interest

Coly
Like the plastic spiderweb plastic at the bottom although looks like I’d have to change apron to look right. I have web plastic across playfield the same, starting to think there’s a connection here lol.

Like what you’ve done with dmd looks good with circles, I just found a great dmd decal awaiting delivery. Will pop up when received.

I just playing with a few extras, hinges with spider cut out, a Nickle spider and a spiderman figure on playfield see how it look when arrives.

I like the goblin figure I agree on that where did you get that from?

It was off amazon and chalk and cheese different in detail. I chucked original in coinbox fort new owner but doubt it will get used

Thats the same one just remove from stand. However bear in mind I fit mine static the same as the Vault Edition.
In fact I actually used a full NOS Vault plastic set as I hated the original movie ones as the cartoon ones are a thing of beauty IMO

Coly

Thats the same one just remove from stand. However bear in mind I fit mine static the same as the Vault Edition.
In fact I actually used a full NOS Vault plastic set as I hated the original movie ones as the cartoon ones are a thing of beauty IMO

Coly
I’ll get that ordered might be able to adapt to still spring. Just got the Spiderman figure, let me know what you think. Sits nicely here.

Attachments

• IMG_7157.jpeg
    IMG_7157.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7156.jpeg
    IMG_7156.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7158.jpeg
    IMG_7158.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 23
New spiderman larger figure came today, seems to fit nice here, just need a red screw through his foot would hold him there nice.

Attachments

• IMG_7181.jpeg
    IMG_7181.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7180.jpeg
    IMG_7180.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7179.jpeg
    IMG_7179.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 16
Like the plastic spiderweb plastic at the bottom although looks like I’d have to change apron to look right. I have web plastic across playfield the same, starting to think there’s a connection here lol.

Like what you’ve done with dmd looks good with circles, I just found a great dmd decal awaiting delivery. Will pop up when received.

I just playing with a few extras, hinges with spider cut out, a Nickle spider and a spiderman figure on playfield see how it look when arrives.

I like the goblin figure I agree on that where did you get that from?
Managua to get Goblin figure, I removed base and cut the foot tab that went through to flush length then glue. I did actually manage to fit to original spring fitting, had to cut a little of the plastic with craft knife to sit right and have enough plastic to screw into, pilot holed and swapped screws, so still got the spring, had to slight adjust metal due to balance weight but looks good.

Hello, just picked up a great Spiderman pinball, interested in any mods, toppers, add ons available or people have used or can recommend.

Thanks in advance. Martin
From my archive

"Not till I try out this weird toilet."

Attachments

• Not till I try out this weird toilet. (2014_01_17 17_24_10 UTC).JPG
    Not till I try out this weird toilet. (2014_01_17 17_24_10 UTC).JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 6
Other bits.

Attachments

• IMG_7212.jpeg
    IMG_7212.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 7