What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spiderman Fun !!

Mustang Pete

Registered
Well just an update really..

After a really busy weekend..back down to earth. So a 540 mile round trip up t`north, and now the proud owner of a Stern Spiderman.

Anyone new to the scene make sure you are armed with a few gadgets, for sure. These machines are certainly heavy.. so after scanning the local Facebook for sale adverts
in my hotel room, i came across a cheapish sack barrow, that was just the job for £25.. couldnt of moved it without this..

Unloaded it out of my camper van, which was lucky as i hadnt got round to fixing the rock n roll bed in yet, onto its end and then onto the trolley
for the next day..
Luckily it dawned on me, i purchased a motorcycle lift last year... Just needed to make the height up, which i did with a strong storage crate on top of the platform.
This made it a doddle getting into place.

Put the front legs on, as i had seen on a You Tube vid, and then lifted the back onto i chair for a breather. Then the Mrs fitted the final two legs while
i `Hulked` out and lifted the rear end up..lol..

In with the lift couple of pumps up, and into position nicely... ooooh we are in !

So with a house full of visiting family members at he time...wow what fun we had... Spiderman is a great game for sure, especially when its multiball feature
i have never heard so many shouts and screams of laughter ! money well invested in my book....

So the machine is functioning well.. done my first fix yesterday when found out the middle flipper coil thingy had fallen off, found the two bolts inside the cabinet
so simple job with an 8mm socket screwdriver... Had a clean up of the glass while i was there and a clean up of the ramps as they were quite dirty, plays a lot better now

It needs a new set of rubbers, all over, and a damn good clean up in the hard to reach bits, but i cant see being too long before i `shop` it all over
Oh and after paying @James Star Trek i REALLY need a shaker in my life :cool::thumbs:
I love taking things to bits and restoring them..! will be looking for some tips nearer that time, so it all goes back together.. :eek:

and Hey NEW high score last night........ not too bad for a newbie ??20190929_123900.jpg20190929_150449.jpg20190929_150921.jpgIMG_4078.JPG.jpgIMG_4078.JPG.jpg20191003_185018.jpg20191003_185024.jpg20190910_173952.jpg

Nice job Pete! Great looking game and glad you and the family are having fun with it.

btw - a strategically cut bit of 4x2 under the back of the cab will really help when fitting those back legs. The missus won't say yes forever!

Excellent. I think Spiderman is Stern’s best all round game.
Accessible rules yet deep enough to keep good players interested.
Learning how to maximise the multipliers is key to a great score.
Finishing Superhero is a real buzz. (Top tip: You will need to use multiballs strategically to get there).

Hold the front page.......... Doc Ock gets a bath..lol..

while i build up the courage to shop the machine, making a list of some bits i need in the meantime
Quite a few of the rubbers are worn and the usual stuff..

The speaker led lights look cool.. so may well have to invest on a set of those

Itching to take apart, and give the machine a thorough good clean and service, which it does need.. so in the meantime Doc Ock got a bath
as did The Sandman... going to save the bath water too, and today its Venom and The Green Goblins turn :D

Used some Loctite degreaser stuff..which was okay although slow.. quicker was some Bug n Tar Autoglym fluid , which is basically Naptha
that cut through the grime and dirt a lot quicker

71518616_691529681331355_361228220135112704_n.jpg

71837721_2412905912119745_2337182341895553024_n.jpg

It looks like your magnet core is mushrooming Pete. Get a local engineering company to turn it down for you before it damages the playfield.

It looks like your magnet core is mushrooming Pete. Get a local engineering company to turn it down for you before it damages the playfield.

Not too bad but getting some jobs done indoors...(for brownie points) as we only moved house 3 months ago
and THEN will be shopping it properly... will be onto you for advice .! crikey this game kicks yer butt ! lovin it...:clap:

Have you got to Battle Royal yet? Or set-up a 3x multiplier on a white insert? Or both to triple the Battle Royal jackpot? Oh yeah.

tenor (1).gif

Not too bad but getting some jobs done indoors...(for brownie points) as we only moved house 3 months ago
and THEN will be shopping it properly... will be onto you for advice .! crikey this game kicks yer butt ! lovin it...:clap:
If you can't find anyone local to turn it for you, post it to me and I will do it.

Back
Top Bottom