What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spider-Man topper plugging in?

Pie Man

Site Supporter
Hi all, iv just purchased a Spider-Man topper, can someone please advise where to plug it into as I don't have a
manuel.

It’ll be to a +12v supply, there are a few points on the board, or hook it up to a GI bulb? Perhaps it’s a 3 pin molex connector in which case get yourself a power tap and just plug it in there.

If it’s supposed to be interactive then it’ll likely need connecting to a flasher so any led effects on it are triggered by the flasher.

I don’t have Spider-Man :) but I have fitted 14 toppers on stern, bally Williams etc.

Hi all, iv just purchased a Spider-Man topper, can someone please advise where to plug it into as I don't have a
manuel.

If you’ve not figured it out by Boxing Day, let me know as I’m in Blackburn (wife’s family live there and we’re visiting). It’s a 10min job depending on what it needs to be, have you got a link to it online? If it’s a tilt topper there will be info online for it.

Got a few toppers that use just a LED strip that are fine? Apologies for potentially bad info, but a 12v power tap on Stern is best bet.
My point was merely that GI's is not 12v, it's 6.3v.

Some common LED strips (found in mods) are 12v, so you need to find a 12v source in the game, like the one down in the bottom right of the Stern cab, where the ColorDMD plugs in, or use a power tap. Less common, but still available, are the 6.3v LED strips.

GI and inserts are not 12v, that's all. :)

My point was merely that GI's is not 12v, it's 6.3v.

Some common LED strips (found in mods) are 12v, so you need to find a 12v source in the game, like the one down in the bottom right of the Stern cab, where the ColorDMD plugs in, or use a power tap. Less common, but still available, are the 6.3v LED strips.

GI and inserts are not 12v, that's all. :)

Yeah agreed, apologies for a vague posting. Pretty much most of my toppers are on a +12v.

Ok I'll send a photo tonight, it is the one from tilt topper ( with an LED strip at the bottle) it has come with a 2 pin molex plug
on it.
I am assuming then I need to find a 12 vault
supply. I haven't looked on tilt toppers web
site yet, Spadge you mentioned the info could be on there, I'll have a look tonight.

I think I've got a spare stern 12v splitter, which plugs into the coin door area (front right I think). PM me your details and I'll get one out to you.

I'm sure someone can guide you on Spidey, ie. what splitter is needed, Spike/Sam etc. :)

Last edited:
Hello Spadge that would be great do you think this would do the job, I am more than
happy to pay you for this. I am going to try and put some photos of the topper and the connection with it. It's probably a straight falward job one iv located a 12vault supply
ideally it would be good if it came on with the flashers.

Attachments

• IMG_1124.JPG
    IMG_1124.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1125.JPG
    IMG_1125.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1126.JPG
    IMG_1126.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 27
That should work with the splitter just fine. If you PM me your address I can pop it in Monday or put it in the post? You should be be able to find a similar 12v connector in the machine in the front of the cab.

Simon, only just seen this.
Hang fire with the topper as there is a power source for the colour DMD in the back box and that cannot be used for the topper.
Wait till I come up and will fit both at the same time.
D.

Spadge thanks for your help mate, Darren has offered to pop over as he is only down the road from me, this was previously his machine so he knows it well. But thanks for
all your advise it's much appreciated.
Simon

Back
Top Bottom