What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spideman Vault Edition

Tombyrne

Registered
Can someone tell me if there were 2 SM VE released, one for home use (cheap by comparison) and the standard Arcade type. If so what were the differences in the game and price.
As usual, dipping in and out, so sorry if I missed it elsewhere.

No. Stern released the Spiderman VE which is the same as the original game but with different art and sound.
They have also released (in the US only I believe) a version of the game intended for home users. This isn't the same layout or rules as the original and VE versions.
It is a stripped back game with different rules and layout.

I'd take an original over the vault edition in a heart beat. Plus it's half the price

I am assuming the original can be updated with different plastics and leds etc. to bring it closer.

Vault Edition, and assuming there’s only 3, i wont hold my breath, might be up for a nice upgraded SM though.

Vault Edition, and assuming there’s only 3, i wont hold my breath, might be up for a nice upgraded SM though.
No way is the Vault Edition worth the extra money. Daz Ball sold a lovely original Spiderman on here the other week. Beautiful it was.

Also note that there were two runs of the original one in 2007 and one in 2010. I personally think the artwork on the vault is epic and as a spiderman comic collector one day I’ll end up buying it. The dmd graphics are much nicer on the vault also and the best bit is no toby McGuire!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve currently got a 2007 one that I picked up for £3500 earlier this year. Oh and if you are doing LEDs then a OVD Board is essential.

Also note that there were two runs of the original one in 2007 and one in 2010. I personally think the artwork on the vault is epic and as a spiderman comic collector one day I’ll end up buying it. The dmd graphics are much nicer on the vault also and the best bit is no toby McGuire!!

Agreed, I played the VE in Belgium last year!

Stunning machine much preferred it to the original... Comic book artwork doesn't age where as movie franchise has already been redone twice over!

I'd love to own the VE, its probably only Stern apart from GoT I'd want in my home :)

It's a matter of taste but I thought the cab etc on the vault edition looked far worse than the original. Also didn't it have a lot of the call outs changed? The original one had some great call outs. SM is a great game, just not a 8k game.

I think the best "upgrade" on the VE is that they've redesigned the Doc Oc saucer so you don't keep getting those irritating bounce outs all of the time.

I think the best "upgrade" on the VE is that they've redesigned the Doc Oc saucer so you don't keep getting those irritating bounce outs all of the time.
You're still get bounce outs, but nowhere near as many.

Back
Top Bottom