What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Special When Lit

Sadly, on completion of lockdown we will not be open this Sunday 6th December but we will be open as normal on Sunday 13th December and for every remaining Sunday after that in December.

A reminder that we are open again this Sunday... :excited

Please remember to register on the website at http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/clubandleague.php, I would hate to have to refuse you entry because we'd hit our numbers limit. :eek:

Recently our two busiest sessions were the re-open after lockdown #1 and the last session before lockdown #2.

Just a quick shout out to Peter @Moonraker for keeping Special when lit going thru all this Covid19 caper.
Had a great time there this afternoon . Always a pleasure to see old pals as well. @robotgreg @RuyLopez @alchy
We all had a blast. Particularly enjoyed playing Flash Gordon and Peters very nice Nitro Ground Shaker.
A ray of light in a Currently dark world! (Let the reader use discernment.)
Ciao for now y’all.
Aaaannnnddddd keeeeeeep fliiiiiippppin!
Keef.

I was only thinking yesterday that this weekend would have more than likely been the festive pinball gathering :(. I don't get to SWL very often as it's a fair drive and I work a lot of weekends, but we ( Lorraine and I ) rarely miss the festive, our Salisbury weekend has become part of Christmas for us.

As soon as we can ditch the masks I'll be down.

Likely that indoor places will have mandatory masks for another year at least sadly.

Cheers,
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A reminder that we are open today 1pm - 5pm.
:excited

However no visitors allowed from Tier 3 or Tier 4 areas so please don't travel if you reside in one of those areas! :(

A reminder that we are closed today, Sunday 3rd January 2021, due to tier 3 restrictions being in force.

Why are all the pinball places near to places I used to live? :mad:

We do try and hold weekend long events at least a couple of times a year to help make the journey worth while...

You are disconcertingly close to my outlaws though, now there's a dilemma... :eek:

Next Sunday 4th July we will be holding a handicap tournament at Special When Lit, details and registration can be found at http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/events.php
Handicapping like this is not allowed at WPPR sanctioned events, so this may be the only time this tournament is held given that WPPR points events resume in August. So make the most of this opportunity! :D

Anyone who's been to SWL and seen a certain machine in the background will appreciate this...

I am very pleased to announce that history was made last night at Special When Lit...!

Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of the historic occasion, but @Griffin was here to witness it with me.
:excitedHaunted House lives...! :excited

There's still a fair bit of work to do, but the light at the end of the tunnel has gotten a whole lot closer. 🥳

I remember playing this in Microsoft Pinball Arcade. Never seen one in real life - let alone played one.

We couldn't make it last night but is it there to stay for a little bit? Or is it just powering on and not quite playable? 😊

Back
Top Bottom