What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Special When Lit

Despite the large snow flakes falling in Salisbury, I am pleased to say that we will be open as normal tonight, Friday 1st February. For those travelling by car please consider road conditions on your route before travelling. The main roads in Salisbury are clear but parking at Special When Lit is snow covered.

Enjoy the evening. Bit snowed in where I am so sadly not safe enough to travel... at least unless you have an AT-AT.

@Moonraker Is the bi-monthly saturday league starting up again this saturday?
I havent got it in my calendar but it's about 2 months since the last one I think.
I’m not Moonraker but I messaged him about this weekend for another matter and I believe he’s showing some pins at Geekmania comic con so SWL is closed this Saturday.

Yeah, at Geekmania this Saturday so we've dropped the league back a week - starts Saturday 13th July, with other dates being Saturday 7th September and Saturday 2nd November. Yes, I need to get the website updated...! :thumbs:

Is SWL open tomorrow night? I might be about, but won't know until later afternoon as it depends on how meetings go...

WARNING - Road Closure - Starts 7pm tonight and stays shut all weekend. The section of Stephenson Road in front of the compound.

It should be possible to drive round and park near to SWL then make your way on foot.

Map - Access SWL.jpg

Will report on the situation later tonight.

There is vehicle access this weekend to SWL. It will be walking access only next Fri 25th Oct.

A quick note to say that we are open as normal tonight, Fri 13th March and open tomorrow, Sat 14th March 11:00 to 17:00.

Normal practice at SWL is that all flipper controls, start buttons, ball plungers and glass retainers are cleaned with an antibacterial / antiviral agent. So don't PANIC !

Everyone will be asked to wash hands on entry and to use the antibacterial hand gel as necessary.

Also open next Friday 20th March and Saturday 21st March 11:00 to 14:30.

Blimey all getting a bit real now... I suppose I'd better work some more on my own machine so I can continue to play the silver ball.

I am pleased to announce that Special When Lit will reopen this Saturday afternoon, with 2 public sessions 1pm - 3pm and 3pm - 5pm.

Covid precautions
• No entry without prior registration.

• Please do not attend if you have experienced any of the following symptoms of illness (including but not limited to - dry cough, fever or breathing difficulties, loss of taste and/or smell) in the last 7 days, or if you have come in to contact with anyone with the symptoms or you or they have received a confirmed diagnosis in the last 14 days. Consideration should be given to vulnerable or shielded persons in your household before you decide to attend Special When Lit.

• All visitors are to wear a mask when indoors at Special When Lit – no mask no entry. Single use masks are available for purchase (£2 per mask).

• Social distancing is to be observed throughout the visit. Unfortunately there will be no tea or coffee, microwave or food/nibbles/drinks provided or available for purchase from Special When Lit. Visitors are asked to bring their own provisions and take any waste or left overs (packaging, etc) away with them.

• Regular hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use of provided sanitiser is recommended. Paper towels are provided.

To register visit http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/clubandleague.php

We moved from a Saturday opening to a Sunday opening, in order to help with car parking in and around Special When Lit as the car garages in the locality are normally closed on Sunday. Also there are no parking restrictions on the main roads that are normally permit parking or time restricted.

Two sessions 1pm - 3pm and 3pm - 5pm. You can register here http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/clubandleague.php

We moved from a Saturday opening to a Sunday opening, in order to help with car parking in and around Special When Lit as the car garages in the locality are normally closed on Sunday. Also there are no parking restrictions on the main roads that are normally permit parking or time restricted.

Two sessions 1pm - 3pm and 3pm - 5pm. You can register here http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/clubandleague.php

Hope to visit again soon - bit of a hike from the midlands - but some cracking games. [emoji106]

Just want to say how much I appreciate the continued efforts of Peter, Moira and Hilary in giving us the legend that is special when lit Salisbury. During these challenging times it provides an absolute pleasure for all us self confessed Pinball addicts! (You know who you are!😉).
The current classics line up just takes you back to those fabulous teenage years when all your Brain was full of was your next Pinball buzz! Belters like Flash Gordon, Harlem Globetrotters, Fathom, Ground shaker and Seawitch. To name a few.
Thanks again doodes, for providing a great escape. It’s much appreciated. So much fun. Means a lot.
Take care. Keith.

Just want to say how much I appreciate the continued efforts of Peter, Moira and Hilary in giving us the legend that is special when lit Salisbury. During these challenging times it provides an absolute pleasure for all us self confessed Pinball addicts! (You know who you are!😉).
The current classics line up just takes you back to those fabulous teenage years when all your Brain was full of was your next Pinball buzz! Belters like Flash Gordon, Harlem Globetrotters, Fathom, Ground shaker and Seawitch. To name a few.
Thanks again doodes, for providing a great escape. It’s much appreciated. So much fun. Means a lot.
Take care. Keith.

I'm going to get down before Christmas Keith and I'll bring Spencer with me too.

Take care. Keith.

Have to love this post ^^^^^

Back
Top Bottom