What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Special When Lit

we need more **** players to sign up so I've got less chance of coming last LOL! I sign up the wife! :D

I suspect the spike board is at fault. On switch on I get this messsage:

IMG_20171215_194049.jpg

It then says update failed. Looking underneath the game with power on shows red power light on node 8 but neither the green or amber lights are lit due to the board update failure.
The node 8 failure prevents the game being played, taking out the trough switches (so you get a missing pinballs message) and lights to the lower half of the playfield.
Node boards 8 and 9 are interchangeable but must set the dip switches as shown on the screen. So I have confirmed both 8 and 9 node boards are ok. I have also checked the RJ45 cables and they're working fine. It could be node 1 or a mini node board (10) that are the culprit but need more time to investigate.

Last edited:
I suspect the spike board is at fault. On switch on I get this messsage:

View attachment 56342

It then says update failed. Looking underneath the game with power on shows red power light on node 8 but neither the green or amber lights are lit due to the board update failure.
The node 8 failure prevents the game being played, taking out the trough switches (so you get a missing pinballs message) and lights to the lower half of the playfield.
Node boards 8 and 9 are interchangeable but must set the dip switches as shown on the screen. So I have confirmed both 8 and 9 node boards are ok. I have also checked the RJ45 cables and they're working fine. It could be node 1 or a mini node board (3 ?) that are the culprit but need more time to investigate.

21ju85.jpg

Having looked at the node board instruction sheet, it looks like CPU node 0 is gthe most likely culprit as per my original assertion that it's the spike board.

Confirmed that it is the Spike 2 CPU that is the problem - it looks like the RJ45 control chip (U37) gave up the ghost, you can even see the split in the chip casing!

Bottom left corner of U37 (just above D54), not very clear in this photo.

IMG_20171231_140018[1].jpg

This is my worry with node boards - no fuses and no schematics. Hopefully you can get fixed as Spike 2 CPU boards are $999 :eek:

Spike 1 CPU are $400 so big difference.

I wonder if Pinball Heaven 2 year warranty covers node boards as that will be a big influence on future purchases?

Pinball club will be closed tonight Friday 2nd March due to the snow. Please stay safe in this weather and visit us sometime soon when the weather is nicer!

There's currently a bout 6 inches of snow on untreated roads in and around Salisbury.

A reminder that Special When Lit will be open from 1pm today, Good Friday 30th March.

There will be 23 working machines available to play:
Attack From Mars
Back To The Future
Catcus Canyon Continued
Fire Power
Genesis
Gorgar
Junkyard
Medieval Madness
Metallica Master Of The Puppets LE
Monster Bash
Pink Panther
Scared Stiff
Spirit
Star Trek:The Next Generation
Terminator 2
The Amazing Spider-man
The Getaway: High Speed 2
Theatre Of Magic
Transformers Combo LE
Tron:Legacy
Twilight Zone (3rd Magnet Installed)
Whitewater

Address: Unit 5, Loyal Trade Business Park, Stephenson Road, Salisbury SP2 7NS.

A map and directions can be found here:
http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/location.php

Also Open Saturday and Sunday for tournaments. It's not too late to enter if you wish.
EASTER SATURDAY 31ST MARCH
The Great Easter Flip Out Tournament
- Six hours of 4-player match play qualifying. The top 50% advance to head-to-head play; best of 3 or 5 games depending on number of games played in qualifying rounds.
- Venue opens at 10:30am for an 11am start. All to stay until 5pm when qualifying period is complete. Finals approx 5pm-8pm.

EASTER SUNDAY 1ST APRIL

The Great Easter Pin Golf Tournament
- 18 rounds of pin-golf qualifying. Games set to 5 balls.
- The top 50% advance to head-to-head finals; best of 3 or 5 games.
- Venue opens at 10:30am for an 11am start. Last start at 1:30pm. Finals approx 5pm-8pm.
More details at:
http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/events.php

Unfortunately Special When Lit will be closed this Friday 27th April 2018. Open as normal Friday 4th May 2018.

Congrats Pete in getting the SW back up and running. It’s been a while since you’ve been able to play it

Back
Top Bottom