What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Special Force - Military Hospital 🚑🏥🪖🎖️

So now I know she works, time for some work on the cab....

...t-nuts in for the 4.5 inch bolts.
IMG_20221018_170201026_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221018_170154178_HDR.jpg
Then strip out the cab...again..
IMG_20221018_170342093_HDR.jpg
And contemplate fixing chipboard...
IMG_20221018_170612434_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221018_170633251_HDR.jpg

After a weeks holiday, time to remove side rails, touch up the cab and start the repairs. First repair is gluing the case back together before I start filling this weekend.

IMG_20221028_152549697_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221028_155047552_HDR.jpg

Just catching up with this as have been soldiering on, neglecting the log and photos.

IMG_20221030_102650593_HDR.jpg
On Sunday started off but rebuilding the knackered chipboard with two part wood filler. Build up, cure, sand, repeat four or five times.
This was after first layer...didn't take photos of the gradual improvement...doh...
IMG_20221030_103743950_HDR.jpg
Next fit the new laminated board front. Did this as close to original method as I could.

Pic one, offering up...
IMG_20221030_132857866.jpg
Pic two, as good as I could get...
IMG_20221030_132909651_HDR.jpg
Pic three. Joints inside.IMG_20221030_142001437_HDR.jpg
Pic four. Low tack tape where I will be marking up the cut lines.IMG_20221030_141945686_HDR.jpg
Pic five, start button, coun door and shooter rod added....
IMG_20221030_165531149_HDR.jpg
Pic five, what lies beneath....the left hand leg is level, but the bracket is a bit skew. :(
IMG_20221030_165553357.jpg
Finally, back in the line up getting a good play after fitting another new coil and attaching elements I had removed to clean and polish....oh and some new side rails...

IMG_20221101_125846879_HDR.jpg

Next, lamp driver fixes and chase down some switch capacitors that aren't quite right.

If you like, I'll pass on a tip which I found back then (you may have found it already, of course). There's a proper plunger skill shot, dropping the ball down the upper half of the r/h 'tank' ramp shot, but I never bothered (in fact, I either never knew, or had forgotten until I looked at the manual on ipdb).

Usually a ball going into play doesn't score the Weapon Bonus from the switch at the end of the ramp, but using rockets to knock down some of the tank targets before the ball gets there by-passes the restriction. It did on the ones I played, in any case.

If you like, I'll pass on a tip which I found back then (you may have found it already, of course). There's a proper plunger skill shot, dropping the ball down the upper half of the r/h 'tank' ramp shot, but I never bothered (in fact, I either never knew, or had forgotten until I looked at the manual on ipdb).

Usually a ball going into play doesn't score the Weapon Bonus from the switch at the end of the ramp, but using rockets to knock down some of the tank targets before the ball gets there by-passes the restriction. It did on the ones I played, in any case.
Thanks @Jay Walker , there is definitely more to this game than meets the eye. I plan to do a video of it in action once I've recovered from my non-pinball related slipped disc.

Using the rockets is definitely seems to be better than waiting to hit the targets down. Infact the targets can fail to fall 1 in 10 strikes so that can be annoying. You can also only get one extra ball per game so it's good to get that in the bank early doors. So the skill shot (with tank dropped) or a tank drop, loop ramp followed by left lane and a further tank drop, loop ramp will bag that one.

Getting the weapons bonus up (right ramp) and the bonus multiplier (left lane then multiplier stand up) should be on the to do list before anything else as they effect the score for all balls.

Once those are done, going for the hostage locks and starting multi-ball is recommended.

It's really tough to use any skills like live catches, post passes and cradle separation, so you need to be dumping the balls up to the pops during multi-ball whilst then focusing on getting one into the helicopter ramp for the jackpot.

Nudging is essential for outlane saves, where all but the fastest of drains down either side should be considered saveable. I haven't fixed up my tilt mech yet, so no danger on mine, I look forward to seeing it I have learnt to tilt or save.....

I did get the driver transistors done ages ago before I broke myself, but alas no pics yet.

Man, had a peek behind the silver card in the backbox....🤮

Mildew, big puffs of white mildew....I hate the stuff. Ripped out the card and cleaned up.

I know the card shares earth across the backbox and reflects light onto the backglass, but hell, it looks sh!t so time to go.

IMG_20230121_101008913_HDR.jpg
Airbrushed the inside lightly in black, cleaned up the transformer and ran a proper earth braid around the backbox. Much nicer ;)

IMG_20230121_194835621_HDR.jpg

Going to try and make some transparent vinyls for the odd insert that's tired. Should be easy as just black and transparent.

"May" make a playfield protector, we'll see.

Then I suppose I'll pop her up for sale as need to downsize this year, kinda let pinball take over the house (my life) so need to slow it down (like that's Gona happen ;) )

Ooh, just noticed I never shared the battery got replaced with a button cell CR2032 a few weeks ago, which helps me sleep at night....funny, a couple of years ago, before pinball, I wouldn't have had nightmares about old batteries.

IMG_20230121_195021813_HDR.jpg

Lazy day, just made a new warning label.

IMG_20230122_172357898_HDR.jpg20230122_181254-COLLAGE.jpg
And a contrast, before and after...

Last edited:
Time to go home soldier, you are discharged.

As the new owner. i’m absolutely loving this game. lots of fun. simple rules. Love firing the rockets. Appreciate the work you did to get it working.
It was a pleasure to do actually, favourite back from the dead project for me so far.

Thanks @AlanJ , really glad you enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom