What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SPEAKER UPGRADE KIT (BUDGET)

Any upgrades for tmnt data east ?
Seen Kevin's and it's caught my interest
Hi Edward,
Yes full range kit (£49 + p&p) mid/bass kit with passive crossover. (£54 + £6 p&p)
Both kits include all necessary spacers ,crimps and screws. The first kit aims at clarity, the second gives more bass. Keith.

Hi Edward,
Yes full range kit (£49 + p&p) mid/bass kit with passive crossover. (£54 + £6 p&p)
Both kits include all necessary spacers ,crimps and screws. The first kit aims at clarity, the second gives more bass. Keith.
Which would be better for Tommy do you think? Music and speach so want clarity and bass!

As my VECTOR is still some way off decided to try out my new Bally LE speaker kit in GOLD BALL - @new forest pinball has made the install super simple.

1. The old one (obviously) - Orange +ve, White(ish) -ve
WP_20160320_11_48_01_Pro.jpg

2. New Woofer installed, holes line up exactly as previous but use the longer screws provided to cater for the plastic spacer ring. Can't mix up the spade connectors as they are different sizes. I positioned the connectors to the back so I can route the Tweeter higher.
WP_20160320_14_31_00_Pro.jpg

3. I decided to route my Tweeter higher up to the grill below the Backbox - the cabling provided is long enough but the crossover box is currently 'dangling'. Secured the tweeter through the grill with a cable tie.
WP_20160320_14_31_16_Pro.jpg

4. Time for a game. All working nicely and volume range similar to before. This game has very basic sounds so I wasn't expecting much. Bass is similar but what makes a big difference is the Tweeter now separated and at playfield level like a DMD - the higher pitch sounds are really in your face.
WP_20160320_14_35_32_Pro.jpg

End of year stock clearout. I have four cab speaker upgrade kits left in stock for early Bally / Williams (the type that only have cabinet speakers.) 2 6" x 9" kits. And two 8" kits. Each kit consists of one speaker one spacer and hardware to fit.
May be in the wrong section will move to for sale thread if no one notices....
6" X 9".........
IMG_2049.JPG
8" ...........
IMG_1865.JPG
The 8" will fit any Pinball cabinet with an 8" woofer as long as there is no crossover fitted in the cabinet. (Inc. Bally,wms,data east.sega/ stern) price £25.00 per kit plus £6.50 p@p.
Remember speaker upgrade kits are available to forum members for any machine at cost.
Cheers Keith.

Would any of these be suitable for Space Invaders? Would there really be any benefit to fitting one to a machine with just basic sound?

Courtney, I temporarily installed one of Keiths "LE" Bally kits destined for my Vector in Gold Ball which has the same AS2518-51 sound module as SI and a similar background tone. The sound improvement is noticeable and defo worth it if you need a new speaker anyway.

I got a speaker upgrade kit from Keith at New Forest Pinball for my Walking Dead LE. The cabinet speaker just fit beneath the playfield support rails (phew!) and the replacement backbox speakers look great with the speaker light kit. If you don't have speaker lights then a slightly different speaker would be supplied.
I fitted a fader to the backbox speakers so that I could crank up the volume and back off (just a little) the backbox speakers to give a high bass level.
Wow - it really rocks! Can't see the original speakers coping with what I've got now. The original backbox speakers are really cheap tinny things.

IMG_3793.JPG

I can recommend this kit:thumbs:.
Garry

Hi Kev,
No problems....can you add a picture of the speakers in situ, and I will d.m. You if I require any more info.
And will put a set together for you....k @James will include you as well, no problems.....

Last edited:
Can you do me a few sets sets of speakers for the following TZ, STTNG & WWind please?

Thanks in advance Col

Yep! @Big Phil ...😎 When I can be bothered!......🤣.........oh an update on the stern spike one and two....exact stern l.e. Spec. 5.25" speakers sourced. Choice of woofers available...and just had these made up for us to convert your pro backbox speakers to l.e. Spec. Just need to find a fabricator willing to reproduce them at a reasonable rate. (The guy that made these cannot be ****d!).
Hang in there doodes........Cheers Keef.
IMG_4625.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom