What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker Lights 2.0 Re-Visited for TWD, GB, GOT ect ect any interest in a kit version?

@DugFreez - it may be a british thing, perhaps we have it wrong, or perhaps I have it wrong. When a customer complains and the manufacturer bites back in this way, it doesn't come off well. You can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time right.

Not having a dig and as I say, I may have it way off the mark and that is just my opinion.

I love the work you do, I also love what the OP is doing too, the cost to import these products is pretty high, so having the UK options works well for me personally, although I don't have a set as of today.

As for the customer service bit....Yeah...I know it doesn't come off well for me. I'm just a guy selling stuff. I'm not Mr. marketing. I try to sell a good product and make sure people are happy with what they are buying.

I thought everything was fine. As I described, he contacted me with the issue. I tried to resolve it. He said he was going to order the needed hardware himself along with some other hardware he was wanting.....and I told him in that case I would refund the amount that it would have cost me to get him the correct hardware that I failed to send with his order. I gave him the refund, he said he was happy with that and latter followed up saying he had got the correct hardware. I don't really know what I could have done any better. As I said, I thought he was happy.

Then I see this about the issue......yet no mention of how I resolved things. Then I get a backhand of " I wasn't completely happy with the product but I didn’t trash talk that either". Just a bit frustrating when you think you have done your best and have a satisfied customer....to then see that.

Guys let’s not derail the thread and just move on.
If anyone wants an all singing all dancing Product like Dougs I’m sure they will be more than happy with them as they look the Dougs ******** (pun intended)
Mine are a cheap budget option for those who like to tinker like myself.

Col

Guys let’s not derail the thread and just move on.
If anyone wants an all singing all dancing Product like Dougs I’m sure they will be more than happy with them as they look the Dougs ******** (pun intended)
Mine are a cheap budget option for those who like to tinker like myself.

Col

Thanks for letting me vent via PM (even if it may have not been read). Sorry for being a snarky, dick / baby. This thread was just a double whammy of frustration and disappointment for me.

Thanks for keeping it classy Col

Doug (Moving Along...)

PS: I don't understand your intended pun. Maybe lost in the translation.

Had several speaker kits from dug and found him a joy to deal with and the product is awesome and very well put together no problems with shipping or the product and always answer e mails quickly

Colin is also a top genuine guy who always goes the extra mile to help you out for little or no money just revived some for tspp and they are great

Both people are a credit to pinball no need for people to start a public post it’s much more affective by a polite pm I find

I have bought from both Doug and Col and have been happy with both products.
Keep up the great work guys.

I have a couple of sets of 4 inch aftermarket speakers if any body wants them . £25 for one set £40 for both.
JBL and infinity you can't use speaker grills with the infinity

Last edited:
Doug is excellent and his speaker lights are brilliant in my experience. Col's stuff is fantastic also!

Ok, this is why I wasn’t 100% happy. Sounded better when it was bolted directly to the panel.
Maybe it’s because I have Flipper Fidelity speakers.
I had to fill the gaps so no light would get through from the backbox and try to seal the speakers a bit. The gaps are massive.
It looks great from the outside, no doubt.
Doug said he sent me the wrong speaker frames so maybe that’s why it’s like this but said it will be ok.
Yes Doug by all accounts is a great guy and we all make mistakes but from a sound point of view what I fitted just seemed wrong from the off and sounded better without these fitted.
That’s my opinion but I am fussy when it comes to sound, having built sound systems etc.
Not going to get into an argument, waste of time.
141973EF-63D7-4B31-B954-B7301E6BD344.jpeg
602ECD60-61A0-4C7C-A895-0F4C748DFF50.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom