What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South West league Meet 3 Sun 20 Mar, The Arkade, Minehead

robotgreg

Site Supporter
Alias
Greg

I'm very pleased to announce that the 3rd meet of the season will be kindly hosted by Marcus Kravis at the Arkade in Minehead. A first for the South West league being the first time we've had a meet in a real arcade! The arcade is open from 10am so can come along any time after for practice but as usual we'll start league play at 2pm.

The Arkade has around 15 pins so most likely the most pins anywhere in a working arcade in the country so well worth a visit .

League machines- we'll choose a selection from the following. (I'll try to let you know before Sunday):

Twilight Zone
Jokerz
T2
Apollo 13
Frankenstein
Addams Family
Party Zone.
Indiana Jones
Jackbot
Bride of Pinbot
Pinbot
Flash Gordon
Space Shuttle

Valiant

The Arkade
Warren Rd
Minehead
TA24 5BG

Hope to see you there and looking forward to the meet:)

Cheers
Greg

Howdy all
A little tribe from South Wales are coming
Any ideas where to park , I don't have an issue with paying to park but really don't know minehead apart from tescos , Butlins , spoons and the curry house that sells strongbow in cans

Great to hear you're coming Ed and bringing your tribe with you.

You have to pay to park on the sea front but the nearby High Street and side roads are free on Sunday, I think.

See you tomorrow

Cheers
Greg

Big thanks to Marcus for hosting, a great collection of 90's pins, a few of which I haven't played before. It was a nice change to play pinball in an arcade :). Pizza was very nice too.

Big thanks to Marcus for hosting, a great collection of 90's pins, a few of which I haven't played before. It was a nice change to play pinball in an arcade :). Pizza was very nice too.

+1 from me! Great to meet Marcus, see such a wide range of machines & meet up with a few familiar faces!

Thanks also to @robotgreg for all the hard work organising, as ever!

Big thanks also from me to Marcus and Eddy for letting us have exclusive use of their pinball section in the arcade and all their hard work in getting ready for us. As Kev says great to have a meet in a real arcade.

Never seen such big pizzas!:)

Very many congratulations to Andrew Shillabeer on his first league win with an outstanding performance and fully deserved victory.

I was second and David 3rd. Also congrats to Eddy from the arcade on 4th in his first (of hopefully many:)) meets. Will post full results when I get the file.

Great day all round

Cheers
Greg

Big thank you to the Hoast , you have some lovely machines and great to see and play some I've never seen before
Enjoyed house of the dead and time crisis too.
It was cool to play in an arcade too.
We are visiting Butlins in June and will Deffo be putting a few quid in them with the wife
Cheers ed

Thanks too to Marcus and Ed for putting on this first event of many....
(hopefully)
Good to have a choice, enjoyed the non league ones too.
Top food and drink was a big bonus.
Dave & Lynda.

Here's the results. As ever all scores on the website shortly.

1 Andrew Shillabeer 151
2 Greg Mott 149
3 David Mainwaring 142
4 Eddy Brooks 122
5 Helmut Langenbruch 104
6 Andrew Wilson 100
7 Lynda Williams 99
7 Ed Duckworth 99
9 Ellilt Roberts 96
10 Nick Baxter-Sibey 89
11 Kevin Brown 85
12 Dave Willcox 83