What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Sopranos

• Thread starter robertlucas1970
  • Start date
R

robertlucas1970

I got this from Tobin at £2800 and thats what I would like for it, I do not add on the cost of parts or time that I have put into it.
It plays like a dream, premium LED kit form pinball LED, rebuilt flippers including bats and super bands, white rubber kit installed, new chrome trim round the backbox, had some bits to fix the safe.
I will have to get better pics the weekend as its dark by the time I get home and cant get any good pics, playfield is nice, cant see any broken plastics, just has a few small scuffs on the one side of the back box and few small marks on the side, nothing bad .
Martin is also due here next week.

20161101_191943.jpg
20161101_192000.jpg
20161101_192003.jpg

I dont have a TAF I was looking for one, but I expect will take a short rest from the hobby, will get back into it in the New Year

I know there are loads of games I have not played, but so far this beats my other favourite games which are TAF and Sopranos

Sorry I thought you had a TAF sorry to here your taking a break, hope you get your pinball mojo back.

Its a great game, if your fan of the TV show you will love this game.............

Its the only way to play it with the adult theme on, makes me smile every time....

Also fitted with mirror blades and Martin is here next week...........

No love for the Sopranos, I thought this would of flew one as its such a great game, last chance as Martin is here on Tuesday or it will be moving with me to the new home..........

No love for the Sopranos, I thought this would of flew one as its such a great game, last chance as Martin is here on Tuesday or it will be moving with me to the new home..........
no love? all i see above is love for the game, it's brilliant fun and is the biggest hit of any social pinball event i ever held. i think maybe you just paid too much for it when you bought it?

I would be happy to pay 2800 again as I expect I will want one again once I get moved, its the only pin I have had twice !
I think I have spent close to £500 on it which I never add on to the asking price, always just try and get my purchase price back.
Only ever seen one other one for sale which was more than mine.
Im a huge fan of the TV show, so will always be in my top 3 pins and once I start the collection again I know I will want another.

im not directing this at you mate. Just a general observation. But people are really quick to say "bargain" for a correctly price game. When really it's just the going rate. Not a bargain. Grizz's £200 WH20. Now that's a bargain.
If yours hasn't sold by now, it's more than likely people think it's too expensive.
My Fishtales is clearly too expensive. I acknowledge that and as such have decided to keep it, rather than take the hit.
Not too long ago sopranos was £1800. They aren't 2 a penny, so there hasn't been the gradual price increase with each sale so perhaps it seems like a huge jump.
All my personal opinion of course

If you just want shut of it while you move Robert, why not loan it out for a few months via Courtney's loan programme ?

Im getting a house on a house sharing scheme because when your self employed and my age getting a mortgage is just not going to happen, so not that far off the 25% now :)
I will start the collection again, but a house is more important, been renting for years, never really bothered me until you start getting older.
So the toys have had to go, but I will have a bigger room for more next year so its all good........

Strange hobby this one for sure. No other hobby has the ' get back what owed on a game'. I remember selling a game on the UK group and using those words and 2 or 3 people had a real go at me.

I just did it because everyone else does. And since that time a good few years ago, pretty much most people seem to adopt this approach.

Trouble is it has resulted in all prices just going up and up.

Anyway, Sopranos is a fun game so maybe try an OBO next to the price to get offers?

Pretty much every pin I have sold at a loss so maybe don't take my advice:D

I think it's the value of the loss that affects the seller, obviously. Offers I have had on my acdc were too low compared to what I'd payed for it, excluding the mods which I do think should be taken into account in resale, so like Mr. Dangler and his FT I'll be keeping hold of ACDC as although I don't mind losing a couple of hundred for the enjoyment I can't bring myself to lose 1k at this point...but down the line would I part exchange it and add a grand for another pin for the same as I paid originally....oh yes!

One problem about selling at a loss is the initial spend is getting higher. If you get 90% of the price you paid then that's not a bad hit for the fun you had on a £1000 game. Getting 90% back on a WOZ etc is going to hurt. Bit of a vicious spiral.

im not directing this at you mate. Just a general observation. But people are really quick to say "bargain" for a correctly price game. When really it's just the going rate. Not a bargain. Grizz's £200 WH20. Now that's a bargain.
If yours hasn't sold by now, it's more than likely people think it's too expensive.
My Fishtales is clearly too expensive. I acknowledge that and as such have decided to keep it, rather than take the hit.
Not too long ago sopranos was £1800. They aren't 2 a penny, so there hasn't been the gradual price increase with each sale so perhaps it seems like a huge jump.
All my personal opinion of course

Out of interest, how much were you after for Fish Tales, cracking game that

Back
Top Bottom