What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sopranos Fans

Cheers I'll check this out. I'm currently watching Season 4 and my 4th run through the series.
I forgot how much humour it has, some intentional, some not so intentional. Junior, Paulie, Silvio, they all crack me up :D

I’ve been listening to this from the beginning.
Episode 37 Pine Barrens - Great Episode which was directed by Steve Buscemi and he’s a guest on the podcast👍

Love the podcasts. BadaBlinged up my Sopranos machine with MirrorBladez

Attachments

• IMG_0647.jpg
    IMG_0647.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 27
If David Chase wasn’t directly involved with Many Saints I wouldn’t be very hyped. As it is, am really looking forward to seeing it and there can’t be anyone more appropriate to play a younger Tony than James own son.

I’ll eventually get round to the podcast by Michael and Steve. The unofficial ‘The Sopranos Show’ podcast was well worth a listen a few years back.

My biggest fear seeing it was ropey portrayals of characters we already knew and loved but I can’t think of any that didn’t hit the mark. All those in the DiMeo crew were excellent, as were the extended Sopranos family. So many of the mannerisms of the original characters were there, Olivia, Sil, Paulie, Uncle Junior, Janice and Tony in particular.

Not going to spoil anything plot related but the ending gave me goosebumps. There is fan service during but its not overdone. I cracked up at the Varsity Athlete dinner table discussion and of course, Uncle Junior was there of course. And when Olivia says to a young Tony ‘oh poor you’ 🤣

^^ Excellent, that’s what I like to hear.
The Mrs and I wanted to see it on release but we feared it would kinda spoil our feelings on the series if it was poorly executed.
We both agreed to wait for reviews.

Gonna have to go see it.
It will be interesting to see how it does at the Box Office.
I guess there will be many out there who haven’t heard of the Sopranos.

My biggest fear seeing it was ropey portrayals of characters we already knew and loved but I can’t think of any that didn’t hit the mark. All those in the DiMeo crew were excellent, as were the extended Sopranos family. So many of the mannerisms of the original characters were there, Olivia, Sil, Paulie, Uncle Junior, Janice and Tony in particular.

Not going to spoil anything plot related but the ending gave me goosebumps. There is fan service during but its not overdone. I cracked up at the Varsity Athlete dinner table discussion and of course, Uncle Junior was there of course. And when Olivia says to a young Tony ‘oh poor you’ 🤣

This sounds fantastic. Hyped to see it

If anyone is thinking of buying the book 'Woke Up This Morning' based on the Podcast then probably not worth it if you have listened to the Podcast as it is just a transcript.

There was also a publishing error with early versions so it didn't include photos. If you email wokeupthismorning@harpercollins.co.uk with proof of purchase they will send you a replacement free of charge, so I'll eventually end up with 2 copies.

IMG_20211124_180852654.jpg

Started episode 1 yesterday, going to binge through them now that the F1 season has finished so no F1 related podcasts to listen to for a while 🤣

Got almost to the end of Series 2 of the podcast, took a little while for them to get into their stride but really enjoying it. Steve doesn’t interrupt as much now which is good 🤣

I'm watching the later seasons again.....
Acting at the end of Whitecaps is just excellent.
"So, you've had a one legged one now" lol......

Back
Top Bottom