What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOF GI Fuse blowing

Matt Adams

Site Supporter
Hi Guys,

On my SOF the right sling shot and ball guide GI was out with the 5A S/B fuse on the interconnect board having blown. I replaced the fuse just in case it was a dodgy one. When I powered back up the GI came on for a little while but then the fuse popped again.

Any idea's what I should be looking at?

Cheers,

Matt.

Mate. I've had similar problems on taxi. Replace GI fuse. After a random amount of time (seconds. Minutes, hours) it would blow. I couldn't find any shorts.

I was running out of fuses fast so thought I should actually try and fault find it!!!!
I found the header pins on the relay boards which flash the GI (one on the backbox lamp board and one under the playfield bottom right corner) were toast. Replaced those pins and connectors and never had a problem since.

Not sure if SOF has those relay boards but worth a look.

Thanks Gaz,

Yes it does have those relays, I had to replace the back box one when I first got it as it was fried, top tip, will check later :)

Finally got a bit of time to mess about with this, both relays looked fine so I swapped them round to see if the fault moved but its been fine, I have had it running for an hour with no problems, go figure! There was a blown bulb in the sling shot that I didn't notice before, I am wondering if that was causing it somehow?

Back
Top Bottom