What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

so which other sad bastards are looking here on a pinball nerd forum on NYE?

cooldan

i like pizza
i had my best ever game on Space Jam today. it always happens after you take the time to fix stuff - suddenly you're scoring points for things that you always do but usually without them registering.

but i discovered a switch not working, and another, and it led me to a transistor ..... so i'm happily sitting here with a board on my kitchen table and a soldering iron and a laptop with lots of browser tabs open. also a bottle of booze on the go and some music in the background.

happy new year, pinheads. what are you all up to (apart from looking at a nerdy computer forum for an obsolete means of entertainment)?

gif cat in space on burrito.gif

edit: btw, i see you, you "members" (pffft), you lurkers (what you waiting for? join up, we won't bite), you robots
Capture.JPG

oh bolloc_ks i just found out that the thing i need to replace, that i just removed, is not in fact the simple TIP102 i anticipated, but in fact is a different animal, and i haven't got any. have you?
Capture2.JPG

Last edited:
I'm in my local. Normally it's good but tonight they have turned crap music on too loud. I'm writing this post while taking a **** (no music on the toilet)

??????????????????????//////// how many bottles have you had? it`s only 9.33 pm. happy new year dan, keep up the good work:thumbs:

i'm now contemplating, through a slightly drunken haze, the idea of wandering down the 80m to my garage, moving a big heavy bike, and removing the board i previously soldered a good transistor of the same type to, so i can remove it and stick it in here instead. hell the board is going off to be repaired anyway

gif cat in space on taco.gif

Yup I'm here too. Happy new year guys, this forum has been a great part of my 2015 and the guys I have met via here are all tops so cheers all of you, my fellow pinhead brethren especially @Paul and the others behind the curtain.
My eldest daughter just woke up so my missus had to hand me our crying baby whilst i was writing this...Whilst taking a dump. Happy new year!

already done, buddy, already done. just staggering a bit trying to plan how to get it done with least spillage

gif cat in space on burger.gif

I fixed a duff opto on ST today while the Mrs was out with the baby. Then similarly had a good game as the warp ramp optos have been going completely ape**** until now. Fingers crossed another one of the little light-emitting pricks doesn't go next.

Several single malts + strong antibiotics means I'm finished for the night now.

Merry new year.

try keeping that one closed and using the other one instead. a trick that has served me well for years

gif cat in space on pizza.gif

In a club with younger work colleagues who don't know what a pin is but rave on about street fighter 2. Best wishes for 2016 . Predictions is alien will rock Aerosmith will save us all some money. Ghostbusters will be annoyingly average . There will be around a dozen barcades in the UK but no more . There will be big resurgence in interest in 80s games as folks discover pins can be fun without the clutter . Let the good times roll ( RG)

Happy New Year to all Pinheads and their suffering families.

Personally this year I'd like to double my collection (from 1to 2 pins) learn more about pinball repairs. If possible I'd like to make a start on a pin cave, that could be more likely if I end up taking up the dining room with pins. ;)

Happy New Year folks. Had a few beers at home to celebrate the new year, my partner is a bit poorly. So no Pin time either.
Hoping to add a few more pins in 2016.

I check in every day. It's a compulsion. Or an obsession, or one of those words that end in -ion!

Happy New Year!

Back
Top Bottom