What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So what DMD games are still under a grand?

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Pinflation is a bastard. What DMD games are still under a grand? DE games all seem north of this now? Sega's? Maybe Gottleibs?
I would have ranked HSii and the Flintstones as being £900 tops but it looks like I'm way behind the times now. The last 6 months seem to have seen everything shift northwards.
Is LW3 really over a grand now? What about the really crap games such as Radical?

Radical isn't DMD - 750 game

Less than 1k DMD......hmmmm unless ropey condition not many these days.

Though a few still finish around 1.1k on the bay.

Gilligans maybe? Party Zone?

DE..... maybe a DE Trek or Batman if you are very lucky.

Maybe some less desirable Segas.... maybe

It is crazy. Was less than 2 years ago when I sold a Fish Tales on here for under 900

Maybe some of the earlier Dmd Stern games such as Sharkey's Shootout or Roller Coaster Tycoon in poor condition might sell for just under a grand?

Virtually nothing publically listed. Your only hope in my limited but recent experience is via connections, or setting your bar far lower, down into unpopular or seriously tatty territory.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:tut::tut::tut::tut:

Prices have gone crazy, I wonder with so many new machines being made will the bubble burst?

I'd guess gott wipeout de checkpoint sega lost world maybe. Bottom of the pile used to be Lw3 not because its particularly bad but very common. Had a few struggle on eBay mid noughties at £250. Hurricane and Gilligan's would struggle as well but unlike DE they had wpc boards,

I'd say only really tatty low ene games. Sf2 nobody should ever buy regardless of price.
The difference is condition in my eyes. Price seems to be dependent on the game rather than the general condition of it.
All tafs are stupid money, doesn't matter what condition the things in apparently. Every game commands the price of the highest value of that particular game.
Supply and demand i guess.

Nobody has mentioned Hook is that rising in popularity :)

If we're talking complete & working it would need be a tatty example of a less popular game.

The knock on effect is a general price rise even with so so EMs, mediocre mid 80s titles etc....maybe due to people who want a pin but are priced out of the DMD market. Almost seems like *anything* vaguely working will get 500+ now

Of course some classic desireable solid states have been 1k+ for some time now.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:tut::tut::tut::tut:

Prices have gone crazy, I wonder with so many new machines being made will the bubble burst?
Well, maybe we will look back at things like the $12500 BOP SLE and see that was the sign of a classic bubble.
That said, nothing obvious to pop it any time soon.

Well, maybe we will look back at things like the $12500 BOP SLE and see that was the sign of a classic bubble.
That said, nothing obvious to pop it any time soon.

New games may free up some pins - as people are forced to move them on for funds/space.

Though with the price of new games ever higher, just how many people can afford NIB is another matter. It could just make older 'cheaper' games seem a better option.

if a new game is 9k lw3 at 2k is now cheap,

i bought an im vault new for 4k and my lw3 very tatty for 800 at a similar time ?

At least you have some to sell to fund others.

Imagine starting a collection from scratch now. [emoji47] Glad mine have been amassed over 15 years.
It would be crazy.
There are still tons of games I want to try but I just can't bring myself anymore to pay some of the current prices.
Even though I have a collection, I kind of hope the market takes a tumble as it's not that fun anymore.

It would be crazy.
There are still tons of games I want to try but I just can't bring myself anymore to pay some of the current prices.
Even though I have a collection, I kind of hope the market takes a tumble as it's not that fun anymore.
I don't find the money so much of an issue. I have to sell one to make space/funds for another.,,,... So if x cost me 800 a few years ago and I now sell it for 1200 to buy Y, then I can convince myself Y only cost 800 :)

More frustrating now is supply across the board is drying up. You can wait forever now for even a common 90s title to pop up for sale. But don't see that changing unless a lot of people ditch the hobby and the pins come back into the sales pool.

A finite number of machines with an ever increasing number of buyers means only one thing.

Yes and that makes everyone hang on to their games as finding a replacement becomes way harder!

Radical isn't DMD - 750 game

Less than 1k DMD......hmmmm unless ropey condition not many these days.

Though a few still finish around 1.1k on the bay.

Gilligans maybe? Party Zone?

DE..... maybe a DE Trek or Batman if you are very lucky.

Maybe some less desirable Segas.... maybe

It is crazy. Was less than 2 years ago when I sold a Fish Tales on here for under 900

I sold my PZ the other month for £800, faded cab n a few dings but all in all a nice game :thumbs:

Cyclone
Hurricane
HS2: The Getaway
Black Rose
Corvette
Who Dunnit
NBA Fastbreak
Party Zone
Wheel of Fortune
X Files
Freddy: NOES
Street Fighter 2

These are the games i could quickly think of being worth a grand. Hs2 and Black rose the possible exceptions.

There's quite a few older games that i want, but mostly refuse to pay the cash they advertise for as i feel they not worth it after a certain price level. My mind then quickly wanders to the newer games and eventually i end up convincing myself that newer is better and that i should be concentrating on the new stuff for a game in my home.

Then, someone posts a mint game that i don't necessarily want but it gets into my head like a disease of the mind and the price doesn't seem to matter at that point because, to me, condition is everything.

The best thing about this forum is we all feel the same and there is a Trade option. You can swap pins with fellow pinheads, it doesn't have to be permanent with cash involved just a 6 or 12 month swap, people borrow and lend machines when they need the space but can't say bye for good, I've sold 2 pins asking for dibs if they ever chose to sell them, I won't have the money or space to buy them back but it takes the edge off the sale for some silly reason!

a sad, tired looking hs2 recently went for £1400 on ebay

I think you would struggle to get any working wpc games for a grand now

Cyclone
Hurricane
HS2: The Getaway
Black Rose
Corvette
Who Dunnit
NBA Fastbreak
Party Zone
Wheel of Fortune
X Files
Freddy: NOES
Street Fighter 2

These are the games i could quickly think of being worth a grand. Hs2 and Black rose the possible exceptions.

There's quite a few older games that i want, but mostly refuse to pay the cash they advertise for as i feel they not worth it after a certain price level. My mind then quickly wanders to the newer games and eventually i end up convincing myself that newer is better and that i should be concentrating on the new stuff for a game in my home.

Then, someone posts a mint game that i don't necessarily want but it gets into my head like a disease of the mind and the price doesn't seem to matter at that point because, to me, condition is everything.
Yep...., but be very surprised to see a 1k Corvette!

Back
Top Bottom