What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So much for backups....

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Well i tried to log on this morning, onl to find the "database was missing". Contacted my hosting company, who advised the following :

Unfortunately we had a catastrophic failure on the MySQL database node your database was hosted on, I have restored from the latest backup we had.

Many apologies for anything that may have been lost. I will liase with the hosting company (Who normally are very good!) to see what they have to say about it. Glad they automate backups, tho not happy that this seems to have been dead from after 10pm when i was on here until this morning, although now they have restored it seems from only 8 or 9pm. I will be bringing this up with the hosts....

A rather p1ssed off Paul

As you say, good to hear there are backups available but sad to hear there is no continuity of service. They will already be fire fighting to try to understand what is happening and now is the time to politely let them know that this effects your relationship.

That explains why my phone is notifying me that TYHO quoted my post about Hobbit but cannot find it now. That threw me a bit

Well i tried to log on this morning, onl to find the "database was missing". Contacted my hosting company, who advised the following :

Many apologies for anything that may have been lost. I will liase with the hosting company (Who normally are very good!) to see what they have to say about it. Glad they automate backups, tho not happy that this seems to have been dead from after 10pm when i was on here until this morning, although now they have restored it seems from only 8 or 9pm. I will be bringing this up with the hosts....

A rather p1ssed off Paul

I think earlier than 8pm :( ....I see no replies now to the Whitewater topper post.

As you say, good to hear there are backups available but sad to hear there is no continuity of service. They will already be fire fighting to try to understand what is happening and now is the time to politely let them know that this effects your relationship.

Already done!!.... Thing was i had NO notification this had happened, the DB should have been automatically restored, and so lets just say i await a reply to my moan with eager anticipation...

Back
Top Bottom