What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So is our UK pinball party at Daventry no longer ?

"That's Pierre Marco White of stock cube fame pub isn't it. I visited for a wedding reception last year and I don't remember there being a pin. Plenty of bar football tables where the pool table is."

Certainly was. Dunno if anyone else watches Salvage Hunters. Brilliant prog. Bloke tours Britain looking for gems to do up & flog. Comes across some right oddball characters & hoarders.

I quite like the idea of it being in Heighways factory - hopefully there can be the option for some kind of tour, kind of like the Stern factory tour at the Expo. Would be interesting to see exactly what goes on in putting together a modern machine.

Sorry for the delay in the official launch.

Yes - I nearly walked away from the Party this year but changed my mind about a month ago. Even though there can be a lot of negativity on this forum, I am still passionate about this community and want to keep running the Party - if the support and desire is there from the community

The Daventry Hotel is tired and way too over-priced now and last year's event was stale. Time to cancel or make a change.

The road network is very good here ... From London and the South, M4 all the way until 20 minutes before Merthyr, then dual carriageways (A470) all the way. From the midlands and the rest of the country ... M5, M50 then A465 dual carriageways all the way until about 10 miles from Merthyr

Anyway - I've posted more info on the official Party thread:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/communit...l-party-official-thread-merthyr-tydfil.19102/

Sorry for the delay in the official launch.

Yes - I nearly walked away from the Party this year but changed my mind about a month ago. Even though there can be a lot of negativity on this forum, I am still passionate about this community and want to keep running the Party - if the support and desire is there from the community

The Daventry Hotel is tired and way too over-priced now and last year's event was stale. Time to cancel or make a change.

The road network is very good here ... From London and the South, M4 all the way until 20 minutes before Merthyr, then dual carriageways (A470) all the way. From the midlands and the rest of the country ... M5, M50 then A465 dual carriageways all the way until about 10 miles from Merthyr

Anyway - I've posted more info on the official Party thread:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/communit...l-party-official-thread-merthyr-tydfil.19102/

All sounding good!

Hotel booked for 2 nights, just got to negotiate delaying the start of the family summer hols by a day or 2 or reach a settlement based on a week in South Wales (Pembrokeshire anyone????)

Could have took 10 pins to Daventry as have use of a van for 2 hours on the Friday and Sunday but now not feasable. Will support any show if I can find a car share but seems impossible by public transport.

Could have took 10 pins to Daventry as have use of a van for 2 hours on the Friday and Sunday but now not feasable. Will support any show if I can find a car share but seems impossible by public transport.

6-10 machines £275 van hire grant + fuel receipts from start to venue and back

Gutted I can't make it, but will send a machine or two down to help out. I've been to the factory and it can be done in 2 hours from the midlands with no traffic (and much haste). The Daventry hotel was crap last year, if this doesn't work then that could be the end of the pinball show which will mean we have no major pinball show just local events and machines set up in a big money making juggernaut show, by that, I mean there won't be a show just for pinball geeks.

I can't drive but looks like Andy has a plan to collect machines in advance so can supply a van full of pins and videos. Presume van has tail lift so could include big stuff. Only fair that at last a UK branded national show is somewhere other than England lol

Back
Top Bottom