What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So is our UK pinball party at Daventry no longer ?

andybadcats

Registered
Read the events thread and it seems that the "Highway pinball factory" is our new venue for the pinball Uk party. Hotel? Bring a tent? Location venue South Wales??? 'A"road city not a motorway for miles.
Are there 2 events this year? Why no more Daventry that was a
superb venue.

Attachments

• PSX_20150409_193812.jpg
    PSX_20150409_193812.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Dammit, I loved Daventry. It was so local! Wales is bloody miles away! It was the first one I went to so fond memories but I guess times change. I will try to make it up there for the next one :)

I'm in Wales and it's about 3 - 31/2 hours for me!!

The bonus of the old Party was that it was all under one roof,and that was a great plus point for it.Food/drink on hand,and not to far away other places to eat.Shame,IMO it's not of that format.

The venue was at times,a tad crowded,and sometimes hot,they were only really the main things wrong with it

Based on the post that was on pinside(can't see any other official ukposts),there is indeed only one event,and that does appear to be in Merthyr,in the factory

Daventry !! Lol we've had some stressful weekends there eh poi lol:mad: But like you say all under one roof is great.

Well it's also 3.5 hours from Manchester. The site looks poorly equipped for parking. I wonder who's stupid idea that was :( If your in Scotland or further north than myself it's a really long journey.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-09-21-47-22.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-09-21-47-22.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 26
Play Expo? in Manchester has been the better event for the last couple of years. And while I'm on here can anyone name this pin from last nights Salvage Hunters?
image.jpg

Play Expo is only 2 miles from my house. It is a well organised event and great fun, however Daventry had a different vibe and dynamic that I kind of liked.

4 hours from me, won't be attending because we went for the facilities and the fact it was all under one roof.

Its maybe quite sad but the shows are the only holidays we can afford, so with that in mind I'd rather put the money towards going to SWL Festive Pinball Gathering this year.

As "Dick Dastardly" would say.
Drat Drat and triple Drat.

I agree with comments about places getting stale. With Daventry this wasn't the case IMO. Mid Glamorgan is not central to the UK in any shape or form.
If you look on the maps there are no motorways either.
It's about getting the balance right.
Easy access and a Central Uk location equals Pinball Heaven. This year... Well let's see what happens!

Andy picked up the Pinball Party and kept it happening. If he wants to hold it on the moon, then that is up to him. :) It makes a lot of business sense to host a large event at his factory and with how busy Andy must be this year, it is better that he holds it there than not at all.

NLP and The South Coast Slam demonstrate people setting their own shows and being supported. I know how much effort it takes just to help with set up, let alone the months of planning, the stresses and pain. If people want one that is central to the UK (good luck with defining that hot potatoe and pleasing anyone), then start planning it.
:clap:

RIP Daventry Court. Had some good times, met some good people but she'll live on in the memory. /tear

From Manchester approaching the M50 "A" roads begin at Ross on Wyre over 50 miles worth of "A" road. With traffic 1.5 hours extra time added.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-10-11-08-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-10-11-08-20.png
    141 KB · Views: 12
The A roads are fine around there - I was driving around rush hour time and no hold ups (other than back on the Motherland around the M56!). So all in all, the motorways held me up more in the end.

I'd still like to go but 3 hours 33 minutes without traffic (longer with traffic ) from Manchester "quoted by Google maps", seems rather daunting.
Does anyone know where the nearest hotel is and where can you park? . From street maps it looks tight.

I'd still like to go but 3 hours 33 minutes without traffic (longer with traffic ) from Manchester "quoted by Google maps", seems rather daunting.
Does anyone know where the nearest hotel is and where can you park? . From street maps it looks tight.
Plenty of parking in the estate. Wait for announcements re accommodation...

So from Manchester return it's 384 miles. If you average 35 miles per gallon on unleaded the cost is £56.17 return by car...see frame grab for calculation

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-10-12-54-35.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-10-12-54-35.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 10
Yup, and I averaged only 32 per gallon yesterday - Diesel - 380 miles return to West Kirby, Wirral. End of the day, no one is forcing anyone to go - it's up to you if it is going to cost you too much. Andrew takes the time out to set it up in addition to their core business and, having seen how busy they are, it makes perfect sense to use the space they have there. Make a long weekend of it - Brecon is near by and is worth a visit!

or go to booking.com where those 2 nights are currently £90 at one place (also the nearest) and £104 at another and £135 at another

The quality of any pinball show is based on the number of machines that are pledged and taken. I'd be interested to know whether moving the show to the Heighway factory has impacted the number of games that will be there? Is there a list of pledges that anyone has seen?

Yup, and I averaged only 32 per , it makes perfect sense to use the space they have there. Make a long weekend of it - Brecon is near by and is worth a visit!
Hi
or go to booking.com where those 2 nights are currently £90 at one place (also the nearest) and £104 at another and £135 at another
Is that £90 for 2 nights nearest to the UK pinball event.?!

I'd guess that's a Speakeasy.

That's Pierre Marco White of stock cube fame pub isn't it. I visited for a wedding reception last year and I don't remember there being a pin. Plenty of bar football tables where the pool table is.

Back
Top Bottom