What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slayer?

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield

So what the holy **** is this about?

A tease to get people talking or a serious hint that Stern have embraced the dark side? If Americans struggled with AC/DC's "satanic" references then they would **** themselves with the "South of Heaven" limited edition. Maybe the Norwegian black metal crowd have grown up, saved up a **** load of money and still have no wives or girlfriends to get in the way of their spending.

Anyone out there know anything about this?

Never really bought into Slayer. Picked up the Criminally Insane single as a teenager but didn't feel the need for anything else. Out of the "big 4" they probably stayed truest to their roots but they just never really clicked with me.

Anyone have this on their radar? I'd heard about Aerosmith and Iron Maiden pins but not really this one. Would be a strange machine to be the first with a video screen. Raining Blood headbanging multiball....

I'd say this is just Jared stirring the pot again, but the poster seems to suggest otherwise.

Like others not my cup of tea, I like my heavy metal but never really been into Slayer, although I think every rebel teenager has heard 'Raining Blood'. Slayer err on the side of too heavy for me.

I thought the next one Richie is working on was Iron Maiden or Motorhead ?

I can' t imagine Stern making "Slayer" in the same style as AC DC or Metallica, but
......using Slayer music in partnership with Dirty Donny artwork in a "Doom" esque themed Game would be awsome!,,,, my choice of designer...... John Borg.

Anybody else getting bored of the constant stream of rock pins ?
I agree that some very good games have come of it (AC/DC, Metallica) but come on Stern. Show a little imagination please.

If we look at the last 5 years, Stern have released 16 games 4 of which are broadly "rock" based. With the exception of The Rolling Stones they've all sold well. At this stage I doubt they'll walk away from a winning formula. For me Metallica and AC/DC were great in terms of game play (neither originally had me as a theme but really grew on me). The other two less so...

Slayer's music would probably drive me insane by the 2nd day of owning a machine based on them, it's pretty hard to block it out.

Out of interest Andrew what type of theme would you like to see them go for? All the titles below seem pretty much aimed at the same demographics. 9 of the 16 are pretty much smack in the broad Si-fi/Fantasy/Superhero camp I really can't ever see them going for a non-licenced theme. Full Throttle vs Aliens showed how important a theme is for pre-sales.

• Transformers 2011 George Gomez (designer)[14][15]
  • Avengers (2012) George Gomez (designer)
  • Star Trek (2013) Steve Ritchie (designer) First Pro debut with all LED lighting as standard.
  • Mustang (2014) John Trudeau (designer)
  • Wrestlemania
  • Kiss
  • Game of Thrones
  • Whoa Nellie! (was this really Stern though? If not stick Iron Man Vault edition in)
  • The Amazing Spider Man (Unveiled at the 2016 CES Show in Las Vegas, To Be Released later this year)

I'd like to see them try at least one non-licensed game. A retro sci-fi, an abandoned theme park. Something different (for them at least). If it bombs they can go back to making pins about geriatric bands.

i would like a punk pin, or another marvel but with comic graphics

Oh man, never seen the "Punk" pinball game in the wild, looks great! I vote for any Arnold Schwarzeneggar movie that hasn't been made into a pinball game already. Starting with Total Recall. Or Blade Runner?

A traditional total recall pin would be awesome. SST is a great tie in machine and along with robocop would TR would have been a super Verhoven trilogy

slayer are awesome
relentless on new album is one of their best ever tracks
there is slayer pinball in video game format allready

cant see real pin happening tho

Nice! I never heard that song before, sorry to shame myself.

Everyone needs some denim to wear with nothing underneath sometimes. It should be the law (post brexit)

Back
Top Bottom