What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Slate pool table best place to buy one

Silverpaolo

Site Supporter
Hi all where would be a good place to buy a good quality 7 foot slate pool table from thanks in advance

Depends if you want new or used/refurbished.

A couple of years ago I looked for an ex-pub bar billiards table and came across ex-pub pool tables which are plentiful and very cheap in comparison to pinball on ebay/gumtree/Schpock and varied from brand new home versions (about £1,200) , to refurbished ex pub at £850 (there's a guy in Newcastle upon Tyne doing ex-pub refurbished mahogany ones on ebay including delivery) down to £300 to £500 for a projects but there are plenty of people that will recover a table for a few hundred like this guy near you.

Or for a new one you could go to HomeLeisureDirect and have a similar pricinng strategy as they have for their pinball machines :)

This is the guy out of Newcastle upon Tyne that does refurbished tables (and new). No recommendation as I haven't bought from him, but seems reasonable on price.

So HLD really are the place to go for a pool table, they know this market well. I had a pool table of them and it was fantastic.

Neil, I think you are being serious? Some of the HLD tables look amazing but prices are eyewatering (still not as much as a NIB Stern). I was being flippant with my comment regarding HLD, but there seem plenty of customers willing to pay the prices for their high end pool tables and refurbished pinballs. I suppose its the same as pinball - a whole range of buyers from those wanting projects to those happy to pay top money for brand new including delivery, installation and service. We seem to have covered off both ends of the market between us.

well in trying to find a decent new pool table, HLD stood out after alot of looking. they have a range from low end to super high end and they are the UK distro for many big names. I wouldn't buy a pinball or arcade from HLD, but pool tables they do know what they are talking about and the service from ordering to delivery was very good.

Refurbed pub one. I had a super league continental years ago, loved it. Cost me £415 at the time, probably a bit more now due to poolflation!

Mine came with terrible wallpaper and the start of a horror film collection that went on for 20 years and paid for my first few pins!

45BB1326-8E0A-4902-AD82-780D86C09B03.jpeg

Only a few months ago my Niece gave a beauty away, she rang me and asked if I knew anyone after one and I almost listed it on here for free but one of her FB friends took it before I had the chance.
She said she struggled to get rid of it for free even though it was a large commercial one that came with a pub her hubby pulled down and converted to apartments. They had it refurbished and recovered for the games room but due to not getting used got rid of it 6mths later.

I paid £150 for a nice recovered ex-pub Superleague a few years ago. Can't go wrong with those. Built like tanks. Although getting it in and out of my basement was the stuff of nightmares.

Must admit that HLD do know their stuff on pool tables, very happy with mine - we wanted one that could be used as a dining table as well.

If I hadn't gone there to buy one I'd never have accidentally bought SpiderMan too and so wouldn't be posting on here...

HLD, just hope you don't have a problem, absolutely disgusting customer service, bought an arcade machine from them, took two month to deliver (Fine with that no complaints) however when it arrived the key didnt work to get into it, they couldn't be bothered to check it before delivering they had enough time. Endless fobbing off from there pushy only interested if your buying sales person. After three months of trying got sick of there bull s**t responses and non existent assistance. Only got a call back after posting a constructive negative review online, by this time too late as it had to go into storage due to relocating, did explain this for two month too them prior. Eventually when I got it out of storage had the lock drilled out by a locksmith.

I was very interested in there pool Dinning tables, they do have a good selection, but there is no way in a million years I would buy anything from them. They lost a potential customer, I too before I found this forum and before my personal experience would have bought a pinball machine and a pool table (when I have the space) from them, I incorrectly thought that buying from a dealer would provide a level of security to someone with no experience with complex eletronics, thank god I didn't.

What a shame you were not around last year.
I pretty much gave my pool table away.
BTW…. looks can be deceiving. Most of the tables they make today have plastic runners etc… look great on the outside, not so on the inside.
Check for good quality and thickness of slate.
Of course, premium cloth and balls.
I had all these features on my table.
In the end I wanted to give it away to a good friend, sadly passed on 😞
So, I let it go to a local family for peanuts.
Broke my heart watching the Bozo so called snooker / pool table removal guys shove it in a van that was too small to take it. It was the purchasers that hired them.
I guarantee it got to the other end scratched to fcuk.
All that time at my home unmarked- 🥲

I purchased from these guys:-

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom