What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Size Matters - new HD Pin2DMD 256x64 - Building again!

Just fitted mine, added a 12v power supply as it’s STTNG especially.
NO pictures or video do this justice, it looks absolutely amazing in real life. Very vivid and the brightness is spot on out of the box, not messed with any settings yet.
This does not blind you one bit with a clear screen.
The speaker panel is very good too.

Attachments

• C835C210-1289-444C-9DC6-C2B1AF32227B.jpeg
    C835C210-1289-444C-9DC6-C2B1AF32227B.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 3022C9FF-27CD-4FAE-92A6-53D3CFC1535F.jpeg
    3022C9FF-27CD-4FAE-92A6-53D3CFC1535F.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 66414D38-0F62-4C82-AA46-1BC6B3DC64E3.jpeg
    66414D38-0F62-4C82-AA46-1BC6B3DC64E3.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for the video Dave (and on a tripod and everything, so profesh!) super pleased with how it looks! 👏

Just fitted mine, added a 12v power supply as it’s STTNG especially.
NO pictures or video do this justice, it looks absolutely amazing in real life. Very vivid and the brightness is spot on out of the box, not messed with any settings yet.
This does not blind you one bit with a clear screen.
The speaker panel is very good too.

Absolutely wonderful. I love it

Make sure you set the RGB sequence correctly! ;) :D

Go to pin2dmd.com and look at the image at the top of the page. When you boot up the PIN2DMD you will see a similar pattern of colour blocks along the top - you want these two to match up. There is a setting in the PIN2DMD menu (RGB sequence I think?) that you can use to cycle through the options.

Once you do that you will see things in the Okuda palette which is even Trekkier...

Go to pin2dmd.com and look at the image at the top of the page. When you boot up the PIN2DMD you will see a similar pattern of colour blocks along the top - you want these two to match up. There is a setting in the PIN2DMD menu (RGB sequence I think?) that you can use to cycle through the options.

Once you do that you will see things in the Okuda palette which is even Trekkier...

As it happens I just queried the colours on TZ with the author - he said the following:
" It looks like you have chosen the wrong rgb sequence within the display menu. Try to choose one with red on the very left and yellow to the very right next to white. "
mike.

Didn’t even realise☺️ Will do that, thanks👍

As it happens I just queried the colours on TZ with the author - he said the following:
" It looks like you have chosen the wrong rgb sequence within the display menu. Try to choose one with red on the very left and yellow to the very right next to white. "

This is something everyone has been slipping up on - I'll make sure to put a note in the docs, but also set the correct one by default before they go out. Seems like the HD firmware doesn't start with a set of defaults (brightness is set to zero for instance) - will ask lucky.

Even better! 😉

Thanks Dave really appreciate the videos 👍
Don’t know why but it took from yesterday afternoon until the early hours to upload to YouTube, was recorded in 4k60. Bit smoother and less flicker. Still doesn’t do it justice.

so these panels can be used with Colordmd so I'm going to use colordmd with the panels that Dave makes. It will look awesome! :D

I would love one in my pirates of the Caribbean are you doing any more ?

Stern POTC? It's certainly possible and the pin2dmd colours exist for it. I'm looking into the possibility of sam/spike compatibility this week, depends on the panel shape, fixings etc. Will let you know.

Doing more - I've currently got 3 full rounds of 10, so baring drop-outs, there's none atm sorry. But I can certainly take names down for if a 4th round happens. It probably will. 🤘

so these panels can be used with Colordmd so I'm going to use colordmd with the panels that Dave makes. It will look awesome! :D

Been having a ponder about this and bit confused at how they said it could work. The colordmd board would need to upscale right, even if it was just doubling the data, a colordmd doesn't do this by default?

Be good to see the comms from them, just so I can understand the reasoning better. It could certainly open the scope of games and support massively if true.

I'll probably be in for some of these, either for FT, Tom or RS (if a panel gets done for it)

I'll probably be in for some of these, either for FT, Tom or RS (if a panel gets done for it)

Sure mate send me a PM and I'll stick you down on the list. 3 or 4 people overnight so looks like a round 4 will be happening.

@David_Vi and @marcgatward have taken your names down pending the necessary assets, as I wanted to make sure you had a spot if you wanted it. Round 4 only open since last night and 4 spaces left... 🤪

I know its outta love brother. ;-)

Now - think you might be able to remove that RS speaker panel graphic and send it to me for scanning? Few people want RS now.

Eek, not sure! He's under heavy use in the coming months. Maybe next year if no-one else can... Could hand deliver 😜😂

I'm surprised no-one else has volunteered yet.

Are we talking road show here? I’ve got one and see you are in London? Where abouts excactly? I’m in Banstead Surrey so happy to meet up if not to far…

Fantastic, thanks for the offer! I'm in south woodford (east london) so a bit of a trek, how would you feel about posting it? Would cover expenses both ways obviously.

Bit of a wait this week while I wait for some new speakers to arrive - the 4Ohm ones I had bought were wrong (should have been 8Ohm - thanks for the expert advice @M4carp). Apologies to all those in the current round, should be able to send your panels out early this week. Thanks for your patience! 🙏

Also thanks to @Tomshine for the RS speaker panel, which arrived yesterday. Looks great! Will try to do some work on that this week.

Bit of a wait this week while I wait for some new speakers to arrive - the 4Ohm ones I had bought were wrong (should have been 8Ohm - thanks for the expert advice @M4carp). Apologies to all those in the current round, should be able to send your panels out early this week. Thanks for your patience! 🙏

Also thanks to @Tomshine for the RS speaker panel, which arrived yesterday. Looks great! Will try to do some work on that this week.
No worries, my son came over last night as I had a fresh keg of Swansea lager (he lives 2 doors away😂) and was amazed how much better STTNG looked with the display.
Still only have one speaker connected and he never mentioned the sound so thats a pass.
Will fit the pair of speakers I have when that panel arrives👍

Back
Top Bottom